Mavic focus is fine, and then everything blurs.
849 4 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DWright
lvl.1
Flight distance : 625725 ft
United States

I'm flying the Mavic and everything looks great.    And then out of nowhere, everything goes out of focus.    See this video, about 17 seconds in:

https://goo.gl/photos/CR1bRrdmobK7SJyR7

During this video, I had my fingers on the sticks and that's it.    I wasn't doing anything with the camera controls when this happened.   It's like it just decided to go out of focus on its own.

Once this happens, the only solution I've found that fixes it is to return home, land, power everything down  (drone, remote, and app), and then reset.

I have tried all sorts of things in the App to fix it.     When I switch to manual focus and try to adjust the focus, there's no indication that anything is changing.    When I switch back to auto focus, nothing happens.    Tap to focus on the screen, it doesn't even seem like it's trying to refocus.     

Any advice?

Thanks!

2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
It's probably a hardware issue.
It's better to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-3-13
Use props
DWright
lvl.1
Flight distance : 625725 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 00:32
Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
It's probably a hardware issue.
It's better to send it in for further evaluation.

I had just updated it to the most recent firmware a few days ago.   
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DWright Posted at 2017-3-13 05:46
I had just updated it to the most recent firmware a few days ago.

I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-14
Use props
Meanflames
New
Flight distance : 705289 ft
United States

Mine does the same thing. Before the firmware update it occurred occasionally. After, it happens every flight. Online support had me reset camera, reset SD Card, Calibrate IMU, Calibrate gimbal, reinstall DJI Go 4 App. nothing helped. Like you mentioned the only thing to do was land and restart it. Even after this the edges or half the shot is blurry. I completed a repair request yesterday. Now I am waiting on the shipping label.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules