Is it possible that I dont have an SSID in my unit?
1186 14 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

So for more than a month I have been banging my head against this one. I have tried every update and every method I could find on the internet to get my drone back in the air. Tech support.....well lets just leave that one out.
I was a pre-order of the P3Pro. It worked through my ipad mini connected to the usb in the back of the controller.
I started my machine up a while ago and it said I had to update the firmware. (I was running the original firmware)
Put in the firmware and got a all good from the bird and a green light on the controller. Updated my IOS on the Ipad and downloaded the DJI go app as I was instructed to do. BUT the app would not connect either through the USB cord or through the WIFI as the docs say it should.

I also tried doing the same with my I phone 6 both with and without the usb cable; still no connection. Seeking a wifi connection from the controller gets nothing from any device I have tried. (Ios or android)

I know that the controller is connected to the craft. It will move the camera and it goes into green light mode on the controller.

Is it possible that the initial units did not have wifi capability and now it is required by the new firmware?
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you have a P3 Pro, it does not connect through WiFi with the RC unit, only through the USB cable. And if it has not been updated for some time and has older firmware, then that has to be loaded by placing the BIN file on the SD Card and putting it in the aircraft. After a certain firmware revision, it then has to be updated via a WiFi connection to the intrernet, through a WiFi access point on your computer.
2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for trying to help.

The updates where all done via bin file from micro sd card. (and an adapter for the RC) .txt files confirmed updates good. There is no phantom signal to connect to. When I search for wifi I get my home wifi, my iPhone, the neighbor, and a DEA mobile center.
I have tried using the usb cable that came with the Ipad and a secondary unit I use for recharging my phone to connect to the remote. I have done that with both the Ipad and the phone.
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lexst Posted at 2017-3-12 14:46
Thank you for trying to help.

The updates where all done via bin file from micro sd card. (and an adapter for the RC) .txt files confirmed updates good. There is no phantom signal to connect to. When I search for wifi I get my home wifi, my iPhone, the neighbor, and a DEA mobile center.

As I said, if you have a P3Pro, it does not use WiFi at all, for anything. And if you are using an iPad, then you need to connect the iPad to the RC unit with a genuine Lightning cable. The more recent updates are done through your iPad while running the Go App, and the iPad should be able to connect to your home WiFi in order to access the internet, where the update files will be downloaded from the DJI web site.

As an aside, what iPad do you have?

2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

I have no problem connecting to the internet with the ipad or iPhone. But when I go to the "university" icon and hold it down it comes back as not connected unknown firmware even though I am connected via lightning cable. In fact just in case I just ran up to the local store and picked up two more lightning cables, the standard and the advanced ZX durable models. tried them both with no connection as well.
2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

I am deep formatting another micro SD card to try another bin download but so far that is just not doing anything. Starting to wonder if my usb port went bad.
2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

Ipad mini 2
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just to check, you are connecting the Lightning cable between the iPad and the RC unit? Not between the iPad and the aircraft?

If you are connecting to the RC unit, are you able to access or control any of the aircraft functions?

2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

yes between the controller and the ipad. just as I did before the firmware update.
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lexst Posted at 2017-3-12 16:10
yes between the controller and the ipad. just as I did before the firmware update.

Then I am puzzled as to why you went looking for a WiFi connection to the aircraft?
2017-3-12
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

What firmware should I have on the controller itself?
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lexst Posted at 2017-3-12 16:33

Not sure, because I do not install firmware upgrades, I stopped when I had a stable unit. But I do know you have to install matching versions because they are designed to work with each other.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to verify, when connect your iPad to the remote and run the APP, it shows "How to connect" on the screen instead of "Camera", right?
What is the APP version you installed?
Do you have another mobile device to have a try?
Just as Geebax mentioned, there is no WiFi signal for Phantom 3 Pro remote, that's why you cannot search for it.
2017-3-13
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Lexst Posted at 2017-3-12 16:33

You should be able to go to DJI's website and see what versions go with each other. There are issues if you have different versions on each device. If you can't get into the app to see what version everything is using, you might try another device, tablet...cell phone, whatever. I myself use android devices, but either one should work. Maybe borrow a friends phone, install the Go app and se if you can connect, then remove it before returning it. I have had to do that on a couple of occasions trying to help someone out. You may even try using an previous version of firmware to try. First the phantom, with RC off,  then your RC with phantom off. Then re-link to see if it works. I have installed older firmware versions before and then updated to the newest without issue. Hope you get something working for you.
2017-3-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If you have the hdmi module installed, remove that from the remote and try it again.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules