One day old Mavic gimbal issues.
979 6 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GravaT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145354 ft
Canada

I received my Mavic yesterday and already having issues. The gimbal is getting stuck in the -90 degree position and shaking a lot. It will return back to normal postion after a few tries with the little wheel or the 5D button. Sometings not right. My Phantom standard is much better. It was a first test flight and all calibrations have been preformed according to DJI instructions. This is not my first DJI drone but my first Mavic. I tried to fill out an online request for refund or repair and the page just gets stuck at LOADING... I also tried the chat lines and they are not open on weekends. I have 48 hours to make the request but nothing is working. Anyone else run into these issues? needless to say I am a little disappointed to pay $1400 for this thing and already have problems. From what I have read on the forums it seems like ti's hard to get any help from DJI once the money is collected.
2017-3-18
Use props
GravaT
lvl.1
Canada

Anyone from DJI reading this?
2017-3-18
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

GravaT Posted at 2017-3-18 12:12
Anyone from DJI reading this?

have you removed all the stickers from the gimbal, and is it underneath all three tabs (two in front and one in back)?  I would also try calibrating the gimbal.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-18
Use props
GravaT
lvl.1
Canada

Between posting this and then reading your reply I actually went and removed the little sticker with the yellow tab on the gimbal and I think the problem may be fixed. At least I hope so. I did a quick test in my front yard ascending to 50 meters and adjusting the camera straight down and very stable image this time. Amazing how such a small little sticker can cause so much trouble and stress in my life.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GravaT Posted at 2017-3-18 17:16
Between posting this and then reading your reply I actually went and removed the little sticker with the yellow tab on the gimbal and I think the problem may be fixed. At least I hope so. I did a quick test in my front yard ascending to 50 meters and adjusting the camera straight down and very stable image this time. Amazing how such a small little sticker can cause so much trouble and stress in my life.

Glad to hear that.
Here is a video tutorial for checking your gimbal.
2017-3-19
Use props
sageatx
New
United States

apparently this is a known manufacturing defect. fortunately i had purchased from dji and was within the 15 day replacement window. they received my unit on march 9th and i am still waiting for the replacement. i suspect they prefer to ship new units than support an existing customer with a replacement. i find dji's support to be extremely poor. i also have an autel x star premium. no issues whatsoever. the few times i contacted autel with questions, they were excellent. too bad dji cannot seem to get their support act together.
2017-3-19
Use props
GravaT
lvl.1
Canada

I haven't had to put my mavic in the mail yet. I actually had the gimbal jam again yesterday evening.

I went out in my driveway for a quick test of one of the intelligent flight modes and from the startup the gimbal jammed. I tried auto calibration with out luck.  Just stuck at the 5% on the status bar. Also tried a restart of everything a few times. Eventually after turning the AC over to have a look at what's going on it swung free. Looks like I may have to send my mavic in for diagnosis.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules