6474 8 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jetswing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2072894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone with insight or experience clear something up regarding the DJI refund/exchange policy?

I had purchased an Inspire with a defect (camera ceased to work with in the first few days) from an online dealer. Currently I have returned my Ispire to DJI USA. However, they are telling me I'm not qualified for refund since it wasn't purchased directly from DJI. I went back to DJI China for clearification. I was told I am qualified to receive refund. I went back to DJI USA. I got refused again. I was told the manager wasn't available to speak to. Then I was put on hold and the rep never came back.

Here's DJI refund policy:
http://www.dji.com/service/refund-return

So What is the deal here? Please help!!! Any input would be appreciated!

2015-2-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who did you buy the Inspire 1 from?  Directly from DJI?
2015-2-25
Use props
jetswing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I bought it from a DEALER not directly from DJI.
2015-2-25
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

jetswing@gleame Posted at 2015-2-26 06:52
I bought it from a DEALER not directly from DJI.

I would think it's a problem between you and the dealer. He sold it to you, not DJI directly. If DJI gives you a full refund, what about the mark-up the dealer made?

Just asking.
2015-2-25
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why would you not return it to the dealer?

Their markup in price is justified solely because they're in the retail business dealing with their consumers and retail consumer issues.
2015-2-25
Use props
jetswing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-26 07:16
I would think it's a problem between you and the dealer. He sold it to you, not DJI directly. If D ...

From what I understand (explained to me by DJI support), the unit is sent back to DJI for inspection then determine if refund can be made. The dealer refused refund or exchange but offered to send the unit to DJI for repair.
2015-2-25
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

You would be dealing with the dealer for a refund. If you are trying to do an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), the dealer initiates the RMA (at least in my case), DJI issues the RMA#, then the dealer ships it out. Once it leaves the dealer then you deal with DJI's awesome (and I mean this in the most sarcastic way possible) customer service team.

If you really are trying to get a refund then demand it from the dealer. They can then deal with the RMA and restocking drama. You should review the dealer's return policy.
2015-2-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Pray the dealer can give you a refund.

DJI does not care AT ALL about customer service and thats for the rest of us who paid and are not asking for refunds.
2015-2-25
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, Jetswing,
if you purchase from dealer, you should talk to dealer directly for refund since you paid the dealer, not DJI. Since you've returned your Inpsire1 to DJI USA, do you have any referrence number such as DOA/RMA # so we can check with our colleague in the US?
BTW, which dealer did you buy from?
2015-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules