Video error : Invalid public movie atom?
2092 6 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VideoVigilante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49744 ft
United States

Hi group,

My first post. My first drone (P4P). My first flight. My first error. LOL

Lots of firsts for me today.

So, what does Invalid public movie atom mean? I can't view the movies I recorded. I thought maybe 4k was a bit much, so I figured out how to switch the resolution down to 2k. Still having the same errors with most of my movie files.

Is it the SD card? or an issue with the drone itself.

By the way... it flies beuatifully! Even though I am a newbie, I am in love with this drone. I just want the video to work now.

Thanks for any and all advice. I am hoping to turn this hobby into a part-time job at some point.

- Brian

2017-3-27
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Brian,

I assume your using a MAC & recording your files in .MOV format? You could try recording in .MP4 format & see if you get the same issues. I don't use a MAC so not sure if you can play MP4 on them.
I also found a few links that might help:
How to fix
How do I repair
Apple
Hope this helps.
2017-3-27
Use props
VideoVigilante
lvl.1
United States

Excellent! Thanks for those links.

I'm actually on a Lenovo. I do most of my film work in .mov format. Kindv'e just let that be the standard for myself using the H264 codec. Not a Mac fan at all. But maybe I'll try the .mp4 format and see how that works.

Thank you again for your help!

- Brian
2017-3-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

What are you using to watch your .movs? Quicktime, FLV, ...? which version? Since you use a PC You might have to update your version of the software you use. I found this, and even if it is Mac-specific, it may give you a hint... "

invalid public movie atom
2017-3-27
Use props
VideoVigilante
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-3-27 06:02
What are you using to watch your .movs? Quicktime, FLV, ...? which version? Since you use a PC You might have to update your version of the software you use. I found this, and even if it is Mac-specific, it may give you a hint... "

invalid public movie atom

I have used quicktime, windows media player with mov codec, Divx and VLC. They are all messed up and loaded with jumbled artifacts and pixelization if I try to watch them.

The most important thing is I get the error when I try to import them into Premiere and After Effects.

Kindve a big bummer. Hopefully switching to MP4 will help.

- Brian
2017-3-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

VideoVigilante Posted at 2017-3-27 06:20
I have used quicktime, windows media player with mov codec, Divx and VLC. They are all messed up and loaded with jumbled artifacts and pixelization if I try to watch them.

The most important thing is I get the error when I try to import them into Premiere and After Effects.

Weird... I use an old Mac. still with MacOS 10.6.8 and of course I do have problems with 4K, wether it is .MP4 or .MOV, but that is because the machine is old (MacBookPro from 2009) and the OS is also very outdated... so I wonder if it might be the same kind of issue with your Lenovo? What about its graphic card?
2017-3-27
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try shooting something at 1080p just to ensure the issue is codec related and not system power related.

*For me, I really did have a codec issue and it affected even 1080p video shot with the P4P. Yet footage shot even at 4k with other cameras played fine on my system.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules