Connection loss / No image on screen
883 10 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moll51
New
United Kingdom

So, new to this and bought a Mavic. Followed all the instructions, updated the firmware etc and set out to do a test flight. but i kept loosing the image on my iPhone 7plus (see the screen shots) using the cable supplied to the controller and had to land switch everything off and start over, this is very disconcerting, the drone still flew and was controllable but i had no visual flight referance or ability to video or take still shots. So I contacted dji via rthe chat and was advised to use the usb port with a lightning conector, which seems to be a work arround rather than how the kit is designed to work.I have tried a cable and i seemed to work ok but not had long enough to test it properly.

is this a common issue, the chat and phone support were less than useless?

dji wouldnt send me out a new cable without sending the old one for testing, which is unacceptable on an expensive peice of kit les than a day old.   

in flight

in flight

IMG_0798.PNG

2017-3-31
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

This is annoying but can happen. Do consider that the cables are made by 3rd parties and even if you plug one in and run a short test it may fail later on. It's just a piece of cabling and it can always fail at any time. If you can use your regular lightning cable with the USB port on the remote - then you're all set to fly. If they want to have their short cable sent it - do so - and get a new one which will work. I'm pretty sure they can't run quality testing for ever on every single piece of kit - too much work ;-)

Cheers!
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'd suggest you to test more with the original lightning cable. If you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-31
Use props
Moll51
New
United Kingdom

I did try several times and it was very intermittent and left me with little confidence. dji told me to remove it completely and use the USB port. Which as I said in my post seems a work around. not what you expect when purchasing £1000 piece of kit.. The support from dji is poor, hence having to post on the forum
thanks for your help
2017-3-31
Use props
fans1b9847af
New
Flight distance : 324925 ft
United States

This is happening to me as well. I'll see if I can get it to work.
2017-3-31
Use props
Moll51
New
United Kingdom

So I have been flying all weekend with no issues using the USB port to lightning only and removed the mavic cable completely. Going to send the cable back for a replacement
2017-4-3
Use props
un hombre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

Moll51 Posted at 2017-4-3 00:04
So I have been flying all weekend with no issues using the USB port to lightning only and removed the mavic cable completely. Going to send the cable back for a replacement

Hello there, I did not notice your thread earlier on.

I had the same problem this Sunday: http://forum.dji.com/thread-91053-1-1.html

Problem with cable was mentioned to me as well and now it is becoming my prime suspect.
I intend to use supplied with iPhone original lightning cable and hook it up to the RC's bottom USB.

I will wrap it around and make it shorter so it should not be a hassle especially, that I found it a bit cumbersome to fit my mobile with the short cable integrated in the holder.

Will report after I have the flight next time.
2017-4-3
Use props
Moll51
New
United Kingdom

un hombre Posted at 2017-4-3 02:00
Hello there, I did not notice your thread earlier on.

I had the same problem this Sunday: http://forum.dji.com/thread-91053-1-1.html

I have bought a short usb- lightning cable and had no issues at all since.. But the supplied cable should work. I an trying to get a replacement from dji
2017-4-6
Use props
un hombre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

Moll51 Posted at 2017-4-6 03:09
I have bought a short usb- lightning cable and had no issues at all since.. But the supplied cable should work. I an trying to get a replacement from dji

I can confirm problem goes away if iPhone is put in airplane mode - no video loss in DJI GO 4 app.
2017-4-9
Use props
fansca657377
New
United Kingdom

I am getting the same problem, bought my Mavic Pro two days ago and am very concerned I get this message after 2mins of flying when it is 100m up in the air!! Also using a iPhone 7 plus. Will try my Apple supplied lead and will also try putting phone in airplane mode when flying.
2017-4-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I fly from usb port too using a perfect size cable to the other side. I think that port on top is good for charging only. The cables supplied look so fragile, not a good design there.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules