675 5 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Canada

Hey guys,

So today I was out flying and noticed my speed into the wind was only +- 3mph...almost looked like it was not even moving somtimes. I do not have a wind guage but was nothing much maybe 13mph / 20 kmh gusts (going off what online report says)
is this normal? this has happened to me on occasion before with very little wind and the speed was very very slow. This was normal mode

2017-4-1
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

That can happen in a strong wind and the wind can be much stronger higher up that what you experience on the surface. You can turn on Sport mode and fly much faster when that happens.
2017-4-1
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-1 17:41
That can happen in a strong wind and the wind can be much stronger higher up that what you experience on the surface. You can turn on Sport mode and fly much faster when that happens.

Yes I tried sport mode briefly. And it did fly a little faster. I did not get to see how fast. I was about 200ft up. Just seemed to really crawl slowly
2017-4-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BigKitty Posted at 2017-4-1 18:11
Yes I tried sport mode briefly. And it did fly a little faster. I did not get to see how fast. I was about 200ft up. Just seemed to really crawl slowly

Yes it will effect the speed greatly especially at this height. Also make sure you have 100% charge when you go up in the windy conditions.
I use UAV forecast app. It gives you great information on weather conditions. I always check it before I fly.
2017-4-1
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

The UAV Forecast app is a good source of information, not just wind speed. Also, remember that when there is any sort of breeze, it's recommended to fly upwind when flying any distance away from you, that way the return flight (downwind) is going to be much easier and safer
2017-4-2
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

Airobotix Posted at 2017-4-2 01:14
The UAV Forecast app is a good source of information, not just wind speed. Also, remember that when there is any sort of breeze, it's recommended to fly upwind when flying any distance away from you, that way the return flight (downwind) is going to be much easier and safer

Thanks guys. Getting the UaV app now!
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules