Brand New Mavic 1st day flying video glitch
1597 11 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone, I found this video glitch on the first day of flying my brand new DJI Mavic Pro. If you look on the lower left corner of the screen you will see the image partially distort. I shot 9 clips this first day and I believe this is the only clip with the distortion? Do you think it is a one time thing? Or should I start a trouble ticket with  DJI?
2017-4-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Was it windy? and how fast were you going backward?
Do some more flying before judging 2 seconds.
If it persist, do auto calib the gimbal and try it again.
2017-4-1
Use props
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-1 21:12

Thank you for the advice. The hover app had the wind at 10mph.
2017-4-2
Use props
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-1 21:12

I was flying backwards.
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Ken, were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?
2017-4-4
Use props
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-4 23:25
Hello Ken, were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?

Hello Mindy, no I was flying backwards I believe at half throttle.
2017-4-6
Use props
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

As a follow up, I flew a few times since the original bubble showed up in the video. I have a were sd card that I have tested in a Phantom for and inspire 1. All forward flight is fine.

It seems like the bubble comes during backward flight when I go from fast to slow. Im going to do further experiments where I just go backwards fast and let go off the sticks over and over again to see if the video distortion and slowing down the drone have a correlation.
2017-4-6
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Ken Hada Posted at 2017-4-6 06:33
As a follow up, I flew a few times since the original bubble showed up in the video. I have a were sd card that I have tested in a Phantom for and inspire 1. All forward flight is fine.

It seems like the bubble comes during backward flight when I go from fast to slow. Im going to do further experiments where I just go backwards fast and let go off the sticks over and over again to see if the video distortion and slowing down the drone have a correlation.

hi. I have the exact same problem when I break. It's annoying of course but i'm not sure if I should blame my self or the drone so what I do now is that I let the sequence be a little bit longer so I can cut the "bad" part away.

I don't know if it should be like this or not. So try A little bit more before you decide to make an RMA, just my 2 cents
2017-4-6
Use props
Ken Hada
lvl.1
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-6 07:35
hi. I have the exact same problem when I break. It's annoying of course but i'm not sure if I should blame my self or the drone so what I do now is that I let the sequence be a little bit longer so I can cut the "bad" part away.

I don't know if it should be like this or not. So try A little bit more before you decide to make an RMA, just my 2 cents

Yes, I have a feeling my technique might be to blame here. I was thinking of either rolling past the point where I normally brake or working on a more gradual braking. And yes I am doing everything I can to avoid a RMA.
2017-4-6
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Ken Hada Posted at 2017-4-6 07:51
Yes, I have a feeling my technique might be to blame here. I was thinking of either rolling past the point where I normally brake or working on a more gradual braking. And yes I am doing everything I can to avoid a RMA.

It's really a conflict because at some points you must break hard because of obstacles and so forth but most of the time you want to break smoothly. You mentioned Phantom and Inspire also are you very familiar with flying or is the someone else owning & flying them?

My point is that there is settings in the app that control the stick movement and the reaction on the aircraft that you can set/adjust. Perhaps try that and see if it gets better.

Happy flying
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ken Hada Posted at 2017-4-6 06:27
Hello Mindy, no I was flying backwards I believe at half throttle.

Hi Ken, it seems like happened when the aircraft was braking.
Please try to move the stick gently and test more.
2017-4-6
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Ken Hada Posted at 2017-4-6 07:51

Reduce the braking in gain settings on DJI  GO 4. It seemed to make a difference. Also flying in cinematic mode helps out a bit. Make sure you test in an open space though so you know how your mavic will respond.
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules