Vibration Issue
1174 5 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nivenwalters
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I have recently got a issue with vibration on my Phantom 2 v3. I started to notice it from my FPV screen and initially thought it was the gimbal, but having removed the gimbal I can visibly see the vibration when I bring it up to face height. I have had a go a balancing the props, but that doesn't seem to have helped ??????
2015-2-28
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Check the 4 screws that hold each motor on to make sure they are snug?
2015-2-28
Use props
nivenwalters
New

United Kingdom

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-28 20:28
Check the 4 screws that hold each motor on to make sure they are snug?

Yes I did that this morning. They were all fine, also took of the prop guards
2015-2-28
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

nivenwalters@ao Posted at 2015-2-28 20:32
Yes I did that this morning. They were all fine, also took of the prop guards

Try different props.

Check motor shaft bearings, shaft should have no slop/wobble.

Check Phantom arms for cracks, or cracked motor mounts inside casing.  There should be little flex in the arms, and the arms should flex and twist with any induced motor/prop side pressure wiggling.

If not a prop or motor problem, something is amiss in the motor mounting area, or one of the arms is cracked.

I'm not sure if a faulty ECS could cause a vibration, but worth investigating with searches.

Have you adjusted any of the gains in Assistant software?  Have you checked to see if the IMU needs calibration in Assistant?

2015-2-28
Use props
nivenwalters
New

United Kingdom

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-28 20:44
Try different props.

Check motor shaft bearings, shaft should have no slop/wobble.

Hi Jamie,  I did put another set of props on today, I also had the top off and visibly checked the motors and mounts and too my eyes they seemed OK. I also checked the body / legs for any crack but they also seemed fine. I have not made any adjustments in assistant, as I mentioned it is a mystery as I have flown about 40 / 50 flights without any issues and now this.
2015-2-28
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Assuming it is not associated with any firmware up or downgrades, prop strikes, crashes, drops, bumps, or spills...

Have you tried a different battery?  Looking for something simple here, I've recently had a old LiPo battery start causing some motor "buzzing" sounds and intermittent RPMs in one of my planes.  Only the one battery does it.

I'd like to be eyes, ears, and hands on to help with this.  Is there any odd sound in the motors, or unusual motor rpm changes going on?

If you can't find any physical imbalances, attachment problems or structural issues, I would make sure the gains are at default settings, then try an IMU calibration.  If not that, the next step for me would be considering an ESC or motor issue.
2015-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules