Mavic unstable after repair
526 5 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
claryrancl
New
Flight distance : 5902 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic Pro back from repair after a "Return-to-Base" mishap (ascended into overhanging branch). On my first flight back from repair, the Mavic failed to self-stabilize as it did when the Mavic was new; it drifted swiftly off to one side, and I had to abort the flight immediately. Several subsequent flight attempts have resulted the same. There has been no "Calibration needed" type of message. Is this stability issue something tthat is addressable by recalibrating the drone, or is there some remaining physical problem that would cause this drifting to occur? I expected DJI to field-test the drone after the repair (a step indicated in the online service progress report), so was not expecting this behavior.

2017-4-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You should calibrate the compass.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello claryrancl, were you flying outdoors or indoors?
Please do the IMU calibration and compass calibration then test again.
If you have any further issue, please keep us posted.
2017-4-9
Use props
fanse947e2a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91365 ft
France

I am having the exact same issue after receiving my Mavic pro from repair in the Netherlands. I took it out a few times to test it and fly around with it and it seemed ok, but while trying to shoot a video for a client he requested that a dolly out shot  that started steady...... i couldn't manage to get the shot..... the drone won't stop moving! When i first got my Mavic, it would be rock solid and not move even with mild wind, now it won't stop even in the absence of wind
2017-6-20
Use props
fanse947e2a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91365 ft
France

I am having the exact same issue after receiving my Mavic pro from repair in the Netherlands. I took it out a few times to test it and fly around with it and it seemed ok, but while trying to shoot a video for a client he requested that a dolly out shot  that started steady...... i couldn't manage to get the shot..... the drone won't stop moving! When i first got my Mavic, it would be rock solid and not move even with mild wind, now it won't stop even in the absence of wind
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanse947e2a8 Posted at 2017-6-20 09:47

We are sorry to hear that, have you make IMU calibration? And the compass calibration need to be done each time you change a different place. If it drifts when it's very close to the ground, please avoid to fly over grass and surfaces without clear patterns and texture to make sure the vision system works fine.
Please let us know if these suggestions will assist.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules