Seeing Phone/Tablet in sunlight
1099 5 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tedscastle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210 ft
United States

I am using an iPhone 6S with my Mavic and having a difficult time seening the screen.  Maybe my eyes are just getting too old.  What are some soluttions that have worked for you? Do any of the sunshades work?  I did build one from the battery box and it helped a little.  Does using a iPad/tablet help?  Thanks for your input.
2017-4-10
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Hoodivision hoodivision.com do some great sunshades, check them out.
2017-4-10
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

You can also try an Anti-Glare Screen Protector to see if it helps.
2017-4-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What are some soluttions that have worked for you?

I use the Hi-Aerial base and boost to block out the sun, and the Hoodman is a popular alternative to it. For either one of those -- at least if you're using a tablet like I am -- you'll also need something like the MavMount in order to mount the tablet in a way that can be used with the hood.

Do any of the sunshades work?

You mean the three-sided variety? I own one of those too but found that it doesn't offer as much protection from glare as what I needed.

Does using a iPad/tablet help?

With regard to glare, screen size isn't as importance as screen brightness. The iPad Mini 4 -- which I use -- is supposed to be one of the better general-purpose mobile devices in that respect but even its relatively bright screen doesn't hold up very well at all in direct sunlight.

DJI is supposed to be selling their ultra-bright CrystalSky tablet at some point in the future, but as of this writing it's still not yet available.
2017-4-10
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Back to the sun on a oled screen turned all way up.
2017-4-10
Use props
Tedscastle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210 ft
United States

Maybe if I get hood, anti-glare screen and turn my back to the sun with the brightness up all the way, I will find a acceptable solution until the DJI tablet is released.  Thanks for the input.  
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules