On a nice Sunny day.....this happened
1051 10 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The feltman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 380161 ft
United States

Not sure the "who, what or why".....just happened to get it on video while airborn

2017-4-10
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

what I`m I looking for ? all I can see is the camera move slightly up then land.
2017-4-10
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Need an interesting story - else it's a waste of 1:38 min of boring video.
2017-4-10
Use props
ArgiRio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401857 ft
Greece

What exactly was caught on video...?
2017-4-10
Use props
josh crow
lvl.2
United Kingdom

its the phantom flying in the background that crashed
you can see it crash in the field

2017-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hardly appears to be a crash, it seems to land and tip over, that could be just poor flying.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Without more context, it just looks like a poor landing. If you feel that there was some sort of malfunction of the aircraft, then you should look into having the unit sent into DJI for evaluation and repair.
2017-4-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha feltman,

Sorry to say, but you probably crashed him.  In this theory, you both have to be flying P3A, P3P or P4.  Mix and match however you want but you both are flying on 2.4 GHz and you were standing way too close to each other.  You need at least 12-15 feet of separation.  

I have a P4 Pro and my friend has a P3A.  We were both on 2.4 GHz.  We forgot and were standing close like you two were and his went haywire when it was about the same distance as your friend's was.  I was sitting and he was standing.  I told him to move over to his designated area and he was able to get control over his bird again.  

After that, I fly mine on 5.8 GHz when we fly together and I use the P4 Pro.  If I use one of the 2.4 GHz birds we have to remember to keep separated.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-11
Use props
The feltman
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-11 01:14
Aloha feltman,

Sorry to say, but you probably crashed him.  In this theory, you both have to be flying P3A, P3P or P4.  Mix and match however you want but you both are flying on 2.4 GHz and you were standing way too close to each other.  You need at least 12-15 feet of separation.  

Interesting....never heard of that.  I know he downloaded the flight log and will send it in......thanks for the info.......

PS..for those that are viewing, need to be in 1080P to see
2017-4-11
Use props
The feltman
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-10 15:09
Hardly appears to be a crash, it seems to land and tip over, that could be just poor flying.

haha! That is exactly what I told him.....
2017-4-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

The feltman Posted at 2017-4-11 07:21
Interesting....never heard of that.  I know he downloaded the flight log and will send it in......thanks for the info.......

PS..for those that are viewing, need to be in 1080P to see

Aloha feltman,

Not too many people do know about that.  The normal scenario is that you go to a flying field (playground or whatever) and see three other people flying.  You wonder if it is safe to fly without interference.  Hmm.  Then you decide to fly and nothing out of the ordinary happens, so you figure it is not a problem.

That scenario is entirely different from you and your friend going to the same field to fly.  Since you have seen other fliers at the same field at the same time, you figure it is safe to fly.  Because you are friends, you only keep enough separation to keep your equipment separate but you are close enough to talk without raising your voice and you walk around together talking about your flights while your birds are in the air.  

While your batteries were fresh, you took off and had some fun in the sky and now you have to land but your batteries are lower in power and the remote controllers have barely lost any power in that short period.  You are still close enough to talk without raising your voice (as in less than 10 feet or so).  

Although the Phantoms could be identical models, there are still slight differences between the parts used to assemble the Phantoms and batteries to the point that one Phantom has a stronger receiver than the other.  This is also true of the transmitters.  Age (and possible firmware) differences in the specific systems do make a difference.  Those oddities add up.  Because of the oddities, one system is stronger than the other.  The weaker system has input and flight controls corrupted by the interference from the stronger system.  There are also permutations if variability in this scenario, but I am sure you can imagine what is going on here.  To solve the problem when you first notice it, get the remote controllers further away from each other and out of alignment with either Phantom.

Hope this helps you and others!  As long as you keep this in mind, and keep your minimal separation (especially at the end of the flights), flying together with friends can be fun.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules