2052 8 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gilur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136716 ft
United States

Hi,
A little noop with dji so sorry if that's trivial...
When I'm viewing a recorded flight in dji go I see the map, route, controls, battery etc etc ...
Meanwhile I have the video clip in the cached folder on the phone.
Can I see it with the flight data? (Instead of the map)
If it's possible, how is it being done?
(I'm sure I saw it on dji go with phantom 3 ... right?)
Tnx
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

You have to get a "screen recorder" app, you can find many at the store for free; I do not use one so I can not recommend.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I don't know why Dji does not added a box to enable overlay on the cached video . Everything is being transmitted to the phone so why not be able to record it ?
2017-4-12
Use props
Gilur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136716 ft
Israel

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-12 10:51
I don't know why Dji does not added a box to enable overlay on the cached video . Everything is being transmitted to the phone so why not be able to record it ?

Furthermore, The video is already recorded... I can watch it from the app in the editor.
I'm pretty sure you can see videos with the data in the old DJI Go (not the 4) from the built it features...
Just wondering if:
a) I'm wrong...
b) I'm right and DJI Go has it but it was dropped on DJI go 4
c) I'm just not pressing something
d) It works only on the apple versions ...

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you go to the ME page from the home page there's a Feedback tab and choose Feedback and Advice and post your question there.
2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Gilur Posted at 2017-4-12 11:41
Furthermore, The video is already recorded... I can watch it from the app in the editor.
I'm pretty sure you can see videos with the data in the old DJI Go (not the 4) from the built it features...
Just wondering if:

Pretty sure that's not a feature that the old DJI Go app offered.

People are using screen recorders, of which there are apparently plenty on Android but none officially approved for iOS, where Apple considers such to be security/privacy risks.

Some are doing it in post using tools like those from these guys: http://www.dashware.net
2017-4-12
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

On android it's definitely possible. You can multitask like this. Apple, it's so controlled, really nothing advanced.
I like to watch twitch streams while flying the mavic.
2017-4-12
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 11:55
If you go to the ME page from the home page there's a Feedback tab and choose Feedback and Advice and post your question there.

Thanks Ken , I'll suggest it . I see no reason to have to run a screen recorder app that ties up resources when the Dji app is already receiving all the information to do it within the app itself .

Edit : Just to be clear on what Dji Ken suggested , the "ME" icon is on the home page of the Dji Go 4 app not the home page for this forum or the Dji website . It took me a few minutes to figure that out ,lol .
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-13 04:59
Thanks Ken , I'll suggest it . I see no reason to have to run a screen recorder app that ties up resources when the Dji app is already receiving all the information to do it within the app itself .

Sounds good, and sorry I should have been more clearer and said in the GO app.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules