Phantom 4 Pro Remote giving random single beep.
922 11 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391237 ft
Australia

I have just upgraded to a Phantom 4 Pro with the cheaper remote that does not have its own screen. This remote gives a single sharp beep as frequent as every 30 seconds or as infrequent as every 20 minutes.

There are no error messages and all firmware is the latest versions. Everything has been calibrated than can be and there is no apparent reason for this single random beep.

I called DGI support and after being on hold for over an hour was told that he did not know why this was happening. So what do you do when DGI cannot tell you and there is nothing in the manual?

Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas?

2017-4-13
Use props
PAP's eye
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1103599 ft
United States

Not sure if it's normal or not, but I get those too..
never timed it through, I just figured it was part of the go4 problems
2017-4-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nope... Sorry... Try re-linking the remote, delete and reinstall the app and see hwat work.
2017-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Birdy,

One of the causes of a single beep is if you have not moved the controller stick for 4 or 5 minutes.  It is a reminder to turn off the remote controller.  It could also be something else.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

PAP's eye Posted at 2017-4-13 18:58

Aloha PAP's eye,

See my post to Birdy, the OP.  It may or may not be his problem and it may or not be your problem.  But, it does happen.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-14
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Australia

PAP's eye Posted at 2017-4-13 18:58

I have noticed it is the same beep you get when you touch the green AF square. It maybe related to AF.
2017-4-14
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-4-13 20:31
Nope... Sorry... Try re-linking the remote, delete and reinstall the app and see hwat work.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried both of those to no avail.
2017-4-14
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-14 01:02
Aloha Birdy,

One of the causes of a single beep is if you have not moved the controller stick for 4 or 5 minutes.  It is a reminder to turn off the remote controller.  It could also be something else.

Thank you. Aware of that thanks but not the cause. It is the same beep you get when you touch the green AF square.  I am wondering if it is related now.
2017-4-14
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-14 01:02
Aloha PAP's eye,

See my post to Birdy, the OP.  It may or may not be his problem and it may or not be your problem.  But, it does happen.

Thank you for the feedback. Will look.
2017-4-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4 Pro Birdy Posted at 2017-4-14 17:49
Thank you for the feedback. Will look.

It is the AUTO FOCUS beep. If you have it on AF, every time the drone is trying to AF itself it will do the beep...so this is normal behavior.
2017-4-14
Use props
P4 Pro Birdy
lvl.1
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-4-14 19:08
It is the AUTO FOCUS beep. If you have it on AF, every time the drone is trying to AF itself it will do the beep...so this is normal behavior.

I am sure you are correct and have concluded the same thimg.  I have been testing with AF turned off for the last 2 days and it has not beeped once. It is also a different beep and quite defined once you are aware.

I am quite surprised that DGI support did not think of this and that so few are aware. Someone needs to tell them for the sake of others.

Hopefully this post will be found by others having the same problem that are looking for answers.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.
2017-4-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

P4 Pro Birdy Posted at 2017-4-15 13:48
I am sure you are correct and have concluded the same thimg.  I have been testing with AF turned off for the last 2 days and it has not beeped once. It is also a different beep and quite defined once you are aware.

I am quite surprised that DGI support did not think of this and that so few are aware. Someone needs to tell them for the sake of others.

That is why we are here...Helping each other learning something new everyday!
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules