Unable to upgrade Mavic Pro firmware
2933 8 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharlesD
New

United States

- Attempted required firmware upgrade of controller and aircraft with latest DJI Go App. Reached 100% and appeared to complete successfully. However, controller would no longer connect to aircraft.
- Attempted to rebind using controller keys and pressing the button on the aircraft without success.
- Used DJI Assistant app on Windows 8.1 to reflash controller firmware successfully.
- Aircraft firmware shows current version as V00.00.000.  Attempted to reflash aircraft firmware without success. Tried both current and previous firmware versions.
- Unable to view error log due to missing app or incorrect program identification. Notice it says javascipt and not javascript.

1. Shows incorrect firmware version

1. Shows incorrect firmware version

2. Downloads firmware successfully

2. Downloads firmware successfully

3. Update failed

3. Update failed

4. No app to view log file

4. No app to view log file

2017-4-17
Use props
CharlesD
New

United States

After almost an hour wait, tech support had the following suggestions:

1) Uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2
- No effect
2) Check the log files on the SD Card.
- Can no longer see from PC. Will get an SD Card adapter and reader tomorrow.
3) Try the previous version of DJI Assistant 2 that can be found under the Phantom downloads
- Gets stuck on Transmitting.4) Send in to DJI for diagnosis and hope to get back in 4 to 8 weeks.

I just got this a couple of weeks ago to use in South America in 4 weeks. Very frustrating.

Screen Shot 04-17-17 at 01.30 PM.JPG
2017-4-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CharlesD Posted at 2017-4-17 10:38

I have been using IPHONE6S+ since I bought the MAVIC last year and all the updates were installed using the phone and never the Asisstant.
Force close all pp and use FAST internet and VOILA!
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello CharlesD, could you please clarify your DJI Assistant version? Did you install the latest version?
I have reported this to our engineers for review. If we need any further information or we have any update, I'll let you know.
2017-4-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

CharlesD Posted at 2017-4-17 10:38

Just a suggestion but try connecting the Mavic to the PC usb port directly, not through a hub and use the cable that came with your Mavic. Make sure you remove the gimbal clamp and extend the arms.
2017-4-17
Use props
fansfb2d38d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9423 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain.  I've just spent a full 3 days getting firmware 0.06 to upgrade. Stalled time after time. Now I have a sensor issue that clearly will need to be repaired. All was working great up until the upgrade.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi CharlesD, could you please find the upload log from this path: Window:C:\Users\xxx\AppData\roaming\DJI assistant2\upgrade_log
Besides, after you turned on the aircraft for a while, will the fan starts working?
And please provide me with the aircraft SN.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please export the RC data via DJI assistant as well.
Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-4-20
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

How did you eventually managed to solve it? I'm in the same exact situation over here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =94853&page=1&extra
The aircraft didn't even had its maiden flight, it happened right out of the box during the first recommended update.
It seems it's an issue related to the new update that can kill the drone, and I guess it's all software related, but I made no progress anyway.

It doesn't seem either to be the possibility to extract the .bin file on the sd like it was possible on the older phantoms, we are limited to the dji go app (useless as we cannot bind the aircraft over rc/wifi), and to the assistant (useless because in this case it refuses to do anything and always fail to overwrite the fimware, no matter what). The unit is practically bricked, I'm so frustrated right now.
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules