Distance and control
1511 14 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans14c8296a
New

France

When my drone is 1500 feet away from my me, it disconnect and come back. I thought it could go betwenn 3 and 5 km away ?
2017-4-20
Use props
fans67b52e3b
lvl.1

United States

That depends a lot of local interference and channel selection. When I'm in a rural environment I've had my phantom 4 pro almost 3 miles away. If I put it on the other side of a mountain, that might drop to 1/4 mile. Also make sure your antennas are pointing at drone and not close together
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what kind of areas are you flying in? Like previously mentioned, have you checked your antenna positions as well?

2017-4-20
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 15:10
Just to clarify, what kind of areas are you flying in? Like previously mentioned, have you checked your antenna positions as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

I try all the position you Dji mentioned, still disconnected after 400-500 meters. Hopeless!!!!!
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-4-24 06:07
I try all the position you Dji mentioned, still disconnected after 400-500 meters. Hopeless!!!!!

Could you clarify what kind of areas you're flying in? What kind of mobile device do you use?
2017-4-24
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-24 11:37
Could you clarify what kind of areas you're flying in? What kind of mobile device do you use?

I flew at Gold Coast Australia & Hong Kong Victoria harbour.
I use Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-5-9 07:41

What Go app and Android OS are you running? Did you notice this after a firmware update, hard landing or is this right out of the box?
2017-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-5-9 07:41

Those are probably the worst possible locations to try and fly. There are litterally thousands of WiFi systems in those areas that will impact on your signal.
2017-5-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-11 16:50
Those are probably the worst possible locations to try and fly. There are litterally thousands of WiFi systems in those areas that will impact on your signal.

Especially in Victoria Harbour. To get good distances you need to be in areas where there is less interference. Major city areas are a problem.
If flying in Australia or HK do learn the laws that apply there as well.
4.55km DISTANCE 31 MAR 2017.jpg
2017-5-11
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-11 16:50

For Hong Kong Victoria Harbour, my previous Phantom 2 V+ could fly around 1km away at the same position.
For Gold Coast, I am flying towards the Ocean where should be no wifi. Of course I don't expect it will be few km, but few hundred meters seems a little bit too short.
2017-5-11
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-5-11 16:56
Especially in Victoria Harbour. To get good distances you need to be in areas where there is less interference. Major city areas are a problem.
If flying in Australia or HK do learn the laws that apply there as well.

I actually not flying inside the Victoria harbour because it is not totally legal. The place I flew my Phantom is the edge of Victoria Harbour where it is legal.
For Gold Coast, I read the the instruction of The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority, there is no straight restriction, but as a responsible user, I flew far away from building, human & airplane route.
2017-5-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-5-11 23:09
I actually not flying inside the Victoria harbour because it is not totally legal. The place I flew my Phantom is the edge of Victoria Harbour where it is legal.
For Gold Coast, I read the the instruction of The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority, there is no straight restriction, but as a responsible user, I flew far away from building, human & airplane route.

Yes but all over HK there is strong terrestrial interference.

Distances can be affected my many things you cannot visibly see.
2017-5-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-5-11 22:55
For Hong Kong Victoria Harbour, my previous Phantom 2 V+ could fly around 1km away at the same position.
For Gold Coast, I am flying towards the Ocean where should be no wifi. Of course I don't expect it will be few km, but few hundred meters seems a little bit too short.

Yes but you are standing on the beach yes or nearby?  Lots of wifi from housing and of course other terrestrial interference.  It's also where your remote control is not just the drone.
2017-5-11
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

He didn't state which drone he's got but I assume it's a 4?
2017-5-13
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-5-13 19:28
He didn't state which drone he's got but I assume it's a 4?

Yes, my one is Phantom 4
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules