Commercial Liability insurance?
745 3 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jymbee
lvl.1

United States

Searched around a lot here but haven't been able to find much info regarding sUAV insurance for licensed PICs flying commercially. Verifly is often mentioned but that business model doesn't really work very well for us-- and I don't believe they operate in New York State where we're located.

Does anyone with commercial sUAV insurance have any recommendations?
2017-4-26
Use props
Sharif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very happy thus far with my experience with http://insuremydrone.net/
They were able to get a commercial policy binded for me in hours. 1,000,000 liability plus equipment theft/damage protection for about $1200 annually for the Inpsire 2, my Mavic Pro, X5s camera and lens. I want to say that just insuring the Inspire 2 for liability only was around $700 annually.
2017-4-27
Use props
jymbee
lvl.1

United States

Sharif@Forged Posted at 2017-4-27 04:51
Very happy thus far with my experience with http://insuremydrone.net/
They were able to get a commercial policy binded for me in hours. 1,000,000 liability plus equipment theft/damage protection for about $1200 annually for the Inpsire 2, my Mavic Pro, X5s camera and lens. I want to say that just insuring the Inspire 2 for liability only was around $700 annually.

Thanks for the input! I guess the "happy thus far" would be the norm and the real test comes in the event you might need to make a claim.

That price seems to be in line with other quotes I've seen in my searches. Did you deal with them over the phone, or was it all online?

2017-4-27
Use props
Sharif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jymbee Posted at 2017-4-27 06:10
Thanks for the input! I guess the "happy thus far" would be the norm and the real test comes in the event you might need to make a claim.

That price seems to be in line with other quotes I've seen in my searches. Did you deal with them over the phone, or was it all online?

Initial application online, then I called them because I was in a big rush.  ;)
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules