Battery dismounted during minor crash
705 7 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakobnorway
lvl.1
Norway

Hi everyone
Newbie from Norway, Europe asking: Battery in my 4 Pro dismounted and fell off during minor crash from about 1 meters height. No cracks in body or battery. Is this something I should worry about? Battery securely mounted before flight.
2017-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it's normal for battery to pop out when small or large impact happens, hope everything else is ok, you should do some testing to be sure.
2017-5-5
Use props
jakobnorway
lvl.1
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-5 09:07
I think it's normal for battery to pop out when small or large impact happens, hope everything else is ok, you should do some testing to be sure.

Thank you for quick response - got worried here. Everything else ok!
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You'll want to check for any battery errors in the Go app, along with checking the voltage readins in the battery section to ensure that there aren't any major discrepancies in the battery readings.
2017-5-5
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

The battery is a significant part of the aircraft weight, having it fall out saves the rest of the aircraft from being crushed by that weight, as long as it doesn't fall out in normal use it is good that it falls out in a crash!
2017-5-5
Use props
jakobnorway
lvl.1
Norway

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-5 13:09
The battery is a significant part of the aircraft weight, having it fall out saves the rest of the aircraft from being crushed by that weight, as long as it doesn't fall out in normal use it is good that it falls out in a crash!

Thank you for kind response and advise!
2017-5-6
Use props
jakobnorway
lvl.1
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 12:10
You'll want to check for any battery errors in the Go app, along with checking the voltage readins in the battery section to ensure that there aren't any major discrepancies in the battery readings.

Will do. Thank you!
2017-5-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As a matter of caution. Always check every piece of the drone before and after your flight. From props to battery locked perfectly, to the motors, to the springs on the motors etc.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules