IMU calibration error
1611 11 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302802 ft
Norway

Hello. ever time i turn on my mavic i need to calibrate my imu, so o check my sensor state and it stats and acc1  : 0,063 and its red. if i let it be for 15-30 sec it slowly going down like 1 number at a time. like 0,063-0,062,0.061 etc etc. down to green state.
i have tried to calibrate couple of times.
factory reset and firmware refresh
what do i do wrong ?

Ive added some pictures too.
ny1.png
2017-5-6
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

anybody can help me ?
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

can you describe to me how you do your IMU calibration -- step by step ?
2017-5-7
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

like it says on a flat surface. watch youtube videos so i know iam doing it right. but the message appears evertime i havent used it for some hours.

if i just turn it on and off after it goes to the green state its fine and says ready to go.

next day the same, need a calibration or i just wait couple of minutes untill its green. its always acc1 ,nothing else
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fansf6c8e515 Posted at 2017-5-7 12:44
like it says on a flat surface. watch youtube videos so i know iam doing it right. but the message appears evertime i havent used it for some hours.

if i just turn it on and off after it goes to the green state its fine and says ready to go.

It sounds like it turns to green after it warms up ---- Some say it should be at room temperature
and the calibration procedure should be completed B4 the Mavics fan kicks on ?
If you did a calibration when the Mavic was hot the Mavic will remember, when you go to Recalibrate the
calibration sequence does not start till the temperature is reached to the prior calibration     
2017-5-7
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

i quess it was cold when i calibrated but i think the fans turned on when i calibrated.  i was fast to start but i will try again and thanks for the tips.

i just added a video right after i turn it on when i says it need calibration

2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fansf6c8e515 Posted at 2017-5-7 13:03
i quess it was cold when i calibrated but i think the fans turned on when i calibrated.  i was fast to start but i will try again and thanks for the tips.

I don't see it saying you need a IMU calibration ---  Yellow means GOOD The ACC is meaning it is an accelerometer --- your still OK to fly with that ACC Value
It's not a good idea to do IMU calibrations if you did not crash or the system is not calling for it  
2017-5-7
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

i know but it its start at 0.063 , then it says i need calbration, but if i wait like it says its okey. but ill try another calibration too see if the temperatures changes it.
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fansf6c8e515 Posted at 2017-5-7 13:03

I just looked at your startup video of the STATUS page again and it said IMU --- NORMAL
then it went to the Maine screen the way it's suppose to -- you went into the IMU values page
and the reading was yellow = GOOD
I don't understand what your trying to do ?????????????
2017-5-7
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

yes i know. what i mean is that i wanne show how the imu values keeps going down. i know at this time i recorded it says the imu is normal but i recorded this after i turned off and on so the numbers have gone down a bit from around 0.0062.
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fansf6c8e515 Posted at 2017-5-7 13:29
yes i know. what i mean is that i wanne show how the imu values keeps going down. i know at this time i recorded it says the imu is normal but i recorded this after i turned off and on so the numbers have gone down a bit from around 0.0062.

let me ask you --- is it red at 0.0062 ??????????????
It's normal for the Values to increase and decrease
2017-5-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fansf6c8e515 Posted at 2017-5-7 13:17
i know but it its start at 0.063 , then it says i need calbration, but if i wait like it says its okey. but ill try another calibration too see if the temperatures changes it.

Don't do a calibration now --- you already had it powered up ??????????
I think your playing to much with the IMU and this is your outcome --- it's your
Mavic system you can do what you want with it but don't create your on problems
then ask for help because you want your IMU to read all Green
Put it outside for a half an hour then take it in and try to Recalibrate the IMU
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules