Brought a brand new P3P from CL, has defective phone holder
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ghettoracer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1214482 ft
United States

So I called the SF DJI store and they advise me to contact DJI online support.  I waited for about 10 minutes (10 ppl ahead) and when it's finally my turn:

I'm not familiar with warrenty claims with DJI.  The seller (at least 40 years old) I got it from said last xmas his parents asked what he want for xmas and he told them he wanted the P3 Pro.  BOTH of them got him one so he had two.  Apparently the parents are divorced and don't speak to one another...  Anyway, he put it up forsale on CL and I got it for a great deal.

Conversation with support:

• Marnie
    Hello, thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. How can i help you?

• Marnie
    hi

• Hello I bought a Phantom 3 Pro from Craiglist on 4/23/2017. It is a sealed unit. Everything works great except the remote control's phone holder is defective from the factory. When I hit the "release" button it doesn't work at all. Can you help me exchange it for a working one. I only recently activate and flew it so it should be all on record. I also have a Phantom 3 Adv. that my friend crash which is why I bought the Pro. I swapped my old phone holder to the new controller for now. So I have a un-usable "new phone holder" that I hope you can exchange for me. I called the SF DJI store and they said to contact DJI online for help. Please advise, thanks.

• 16:35

• To clarify I only need the phone holder part the bit that swivels up and down.

• 16:39

• Marnie
    Regarding on that matter.

• 16:40

• you can see it's still shrink wrapped

• 16:44

• Marnie
    regading on that we still not process that on repair center we suggest to buy that holder on our online store. http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-mobile-device-holder

• Are you serious? This is broken from the factory.

• 16:45

• Isn't there a 1 year warranty from the time of first drone flight?

• 16:47

• 16:47

• Marnie
    may i know where did you purchase it

2017-5-8
Use props
ghettoracer
lvl.2
United States

As you can see this is spanking new with wrapping still.  The release button doesn't work...  Support is trying to tell me I need to spend $30 for a new holder?  But this is defective from day one.  Despite buying it off CL without any recept, when I activated it online everything seems fine.  Doesn't the warrenty start from first flight?
IMG_0517.JPG
2017-5-8
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

spray some wd-40 in there that will lube her up! Lol sorry im not helpful.
2017-5-8
Use props
rytenuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

Is a Warranty transferable in USA or does it only apply to the original purchaser?
2017-5-8
Use props
ghettoracer
lvl.2
United States

rytenuff Posted at 2017-5-8 16:43
Is a Warranty transferable in USA or does it only apply to the original purchaser?

Since I'm the person activating the drone and flew it first hand I believe the warranty goes to me....  It started on the first flight which was 4/24/2017 and expires 1 year later.  Supposedly...
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ghettoracer Posted at 2017-5-8 15:53
As you can see this is spanking new with wrapping still.  The release button doesn't work...  Support is trying to tell me I need to spend $30 for a new holder?  But this is defective from day one.  Despite buying it off CL without any recept, when I activated it online everything seems fine.  Doesn't the warrenty start from first flight?

Without a receipt of some sort, even if it had the original purchaser's name on it, the accessories that are in the box cannot be covered for any sort of free replacement. Unfortunately, this will require for you to purchase a replacement mobile device holder. Activation will only account for the aircraft and the RC since the SNs are stored in the sytem. Batteries and the other accessories require proof of purchase in order to be covered under warranty.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rytenuff Posted at 2017-5-8 16:43

The warranty of the aircraft and the RC can be used by the next user since that can be tracked from the date of activation. Everything else needs a proof of purchase, but the name on the receipt doesn't really matter.
2017-5-8
Use props
ghettoracer
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 17:05
The warranty of the aircraft and the RC can be used by the next user since that can be tracked from the date of activation. Everything else needs a proof of purchase, but the name on the receipt doesn't really matter.

Meh, doesn't make too much sense to me...  this is lame.  Also, I just tried to input my Phantom 3 Adv. to check its warranty information.  But the serial # for My P3A came back as:

you entered does not exist, please make sure you've entered it correctly.

Hmm, what does this mean?  Shouldn't all DJI drones show up in the system?
2017-5-8
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Remove the plastic wrape from the holder and it should work.
2017-5-8
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Looking at the photo the plastic connects the top of the holder to the bottom and stops it from moving.
2017-5-8
Use props
ghettoracer
lvl.2
United States

{:4_177:}

ohh boy.  an epic fail on my part...  thanks beeper!!  i wonder if i'm the only idiot that failed like this.  lol.
2017-5-9
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

So that worked. cool
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules