Any permission needed in Spain/Menorca?
3323 11 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello guys.

I will go to Spain (island of Menorca) in this July.

I was searching on google if I need any permission to fly there. But I could not find anything for Menorca. Anyone knows? Thank You for the answers!!!
2017-5-9
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Since Menorca is part of Spain, just look for the Spanish rules... (it looks like Spain doesn't like drones very much...)
2017-5-9
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Bring your license with you, if you have one.  In Spain if you fly for fun, instead for hearning money with your flights, you don't need a license. And don't break the rules. That's all.
2017-5-9
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-9 04:15
Since Menorca is part of Spain, just look for the Spanish rules... (it looks like Spain doesn't like drones very much...)

Who told you that ?
2017-5-9
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

The rules in Spain are basically, not fly over persons or populated areas, not fly in towns, not fly in Nature reserves and National parks, not fly over beaches with persons there, and of course in an airport influence area. It's suppose that you cannot fly at night....... The airport in Menorca is in the south side of the island.  And you must have your Phantom in sight and below 120 meters ( 400 feet ) You can receive a fine up to 225.000€   And don't forget to ask in your airline about transporting batteries.
2017-5-9
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

I read it on a website dealing with drone rules around the world. If incorrect, I apologize.  
2017-5-9
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:10
I read it on a website dealing with drone rules around the world. If incorrect, I apologize.

One " smart " guy, came to the Canary Islands, and he flew inside a National Park, and then he showed his " azaña " on youtube. After that nice reportage, he received a good fine from the Spanish Air Safety Agency. If he had not shown it, nothing would have happened. This subject is the most heard lately in the forums.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42328d85
New
Spain

Check this map: http://www.icarusrpa.info/mapa.php?opt=all   If you´re flying for job, you need to have a Spanish license and be an official business, if you fly for fun, check the map and don´t fly inside the  yellow circle (airport) and the rest of rules that others said before. In this link you can have more information about no profesional fly : http://deflydrone.com/blog/43-le ... ecreativo-de-drones
2017-5-10
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-5-9 10:45
One " smart " guy, came to the Canary Islands, and he flew inside a National Park, and then he showed his " azaña " on youtube. After that nice reportage, he received a good fine from the Spanish Air Safety Agency. If he had not shown it, nothing would have happened. This subject is the most heard lately in the forums.

and the dutch guy in Tenerife (and other places...) And yes, reading the links posted in #8 your rules for recreative flights don't seem harsher than in Danmark, where I'm flying  
2017-5-10
Use props
Manowarrior87
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-5-9 04:15
Bring your license with you, if you have one.  In Spain if you fly for fun, instead for hearning money with your flights, you don't need a license. And don't break the rules. That's all.

Thank You for your answer. Actually I would make memories for me and my partner. On the other hand we have a blog, and Idk if I put the videos to youtube and uploaded, is that a rulebreaker? Obviously I would not put the advert on to the video. Is that ok this way?
2017-5-10
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-5-10 10:12
Thank You for your answer. Actually I would make memories for me and my partner. On the other hand we have a blog, and Idk if I put the videos to youtube and uploaded, is that a rulebreaker? Obviously I would not put the advert on to the video. Is that ok this way?

Don't fly close to the airport area, or over populated areas. And you will not have any problem
2017-5-10
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Manowarrior87 Posted at 2017-5-10 10:12

2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules