Strange noise from the center of the drone when turning upside down
917 9 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

I have a week old P3 Standard. Today I've noticed a clicking sound coming from the top-center of the drone when I turned it upside down (and back). It sounds like a small plastic piece is falling around in a small place... but my drone is unharmed, had no accidents. Could it be maybe one of the sensors? Do you guys also hear a noise when turning the drone upside down and back? I'm a bit concerned... but I hope it's just a false alarm. :-)
2017-5-9
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On my P3S there is no such noise when I turn it upside down...
2017-5-9
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Perhaps it's a part of the body were a screw goes into that broke off due to heat or stress/age.
2017-5-9
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Hungary

Thanks... :-) The drone is almost brand new, so aging is not a problem. I suppose I can't open up the body because it would void my warranty... So I guess I just have to live with it. Hopefully it won't get worse.
2017-5-9
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

kovbenc Posted at 2017-5-9 09:30
Thanks... :-) The drone is almost brand new, so aging is not a problem. I suppose I can't open up the body because it would void my warranty... So I guess I just have to live with it. Hopefully it won't get worse.

leave the battery out and turn it around, maybe what ever it is will fall out.  At least the noise may stop.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It may just be a piece of plastic flashing.
Your more than welcome to send it in for evaluation if you like.
Does it sound light and plastic, or heavy and metal (like a screw) when you shake it.
And yes, remove the battery and it may come out.
2017-5-9
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Hungary

Dear Ken,
Thanks for the answer! I listened to it again... and it really sounds like a switch, and not sime small plastic waste. The sound is kinda soft... I wish I could record it and play it for you. :-) I live in Hungary, Budapest. To where could I send it in if I wanted to?
2017-5-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Where did you purchase it?
2017-5-9
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Hungary

fpvshop.hu, Hungary
2017-5-9
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Hungary

Yeeeeeeeah, I've found the source of the noise!!!!! It's the connection reset switch. :-) If I take out the battery and put a screwdriver inside the reset hole, then I can clearly see that the screwdriver pushes a small transparent cap, which makes this noise. I'm so relieved now.... :-)
Video URL: click here to play video with sound

2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules