Lost Mavick
983 11 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans689a8026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179665 ft
Singapore

2 weeks back. I ordered a brand new Mavic complete with DJI care refresh. It was shipped to a proxy courier company which will ship to my location. If it's of any interest, refresh and mavic was purchased in China.

From the 7th day onwards I have been bugging the courier for an update of my shipment. Today being the 16th day. I have been informed that they can't find my Mavic. Neither can they confirm if it has been shipped out.

So now because Ive not purchase shipping insurance. They are only willing to pay compensation of approximately 80USD and refund me my shipping charges.

Now. Can the experts here tell me if I have the option to exercise my DJI Care Refresh for a missing shipment. As I have not gotten my drone so I won't be able to know my serial number or retrieve my dji care refresh serial.

Thanks
2017-5-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

The insurance is cheap compared to that hassle. Probably scammed now with the shipper your using.
2017-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First I would get on to whom ever you purchased from, it's there responsibility to insure it arrives safely with you, regarding your care refresh lost Mavic is not covered unless it was as a result of malfunction.

Your problem lies with retailer and shipper, I really think you should be kicking up a serious storm with these.
Seems strange you go to the bother of insuring your drone but ignoring proper protection to make sure you received it..
2017-5-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you ordered from DJI then I would contact them to see if they shipped it and provide you proof. I hope you paid by credti card so you can file a charge back and the whom ever you bought it from will have to provide proof that they shipped to you. So you can get back your money this way. If you paid by cash then ...
2017-5-13
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

The expert her can tell you a lot of things BUT!!!
You have to give some more info cause it's weird.

In transport there are INCO terms, air waybills, the Warsaw  Convention etc etc.
In other words,....who was the seller? DJI?
Cause if it's DJI then your first contact in the missing is DJI.
And you will get the drone you paid for.

If it's not DJI then there are 2 options
1) a person
If it's a person then i would be weird cause how could you obtain DJI care refresh?
But if you did buy it from a person in China i would say you are in bad weather.
Then it comes to the transport liability and that is way less then the price of a Mavic.
So the 80 USD is based upon the transport liability of the carrier/courier  

2) a business
If you bought it at business in China, that would be weird cause DJI is the only official seller of the MAVIC
But storywise let's say it was a legit party were you bought the drone.
Then it would be almost the same as buying with DJI.
The only difference is that you don't have any guarantee the will deliver.
Would the drone travel on your risk to Singapore?
Then you should have taken a transport insurance cause the liabilty of the carrier/courier is always less then the value of the drone.

But again,......it doesn't look good.
You can complain with the carrier/courier but there liability is limited and there is nothing you can do about it.   
2017-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think we might have a waffler here....
2017-5-13
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Sorry for your troublesome but it sounds to me your "proxy" courier or I say Forwarder has lost your Mavic package.

Here is the bad news you don't want to hear, but here we go.

The seller who shipped your Mavic to your Forwarder location has done their job. You would not be able to even file a chargeback if you used your credit card since your seller has a proof of delivery.

In addition, you probably requested your forwarder to lower the invoice to avoid import taxes to your country, so that's reason why they offered your $80.

You can't use Care Refresh since you don't have your drone, so it's not activated yet. You can ask your seller/DJI to return it for refund.

Lesson learned but really expensive.

2017-5-13
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-13 10:45
The expert her can tell you a lot of things BUT!!!
You have to give some more info cause it's weird.

You missed "proxy" word from OP. OP used a forwarder to save shipping cost and probably import taxes.
2017-5-13
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-13 08:28
The insurance is cheap compared to that hassle. Probably scammed now with the shipper your using.

The Old Singapore Shanghai scam
No pun intended                           
2017-5-13
Use props
Bent Kangawalla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Contact DJI, ask for help in identifying your Mavics unique ID code. Care Refresh cover also needed to have this ID.
Then ask DJI to confirm shipment, and that the unit has not been initialized/flown.
If the unit has been flown, you can ask DJI to offer location of unit as per GPS.
This will allow you to know if the unit has been stolen or possibly still in shipping limbo.
Ask for dates/time of shipment and then contact delivery people.
Do not accept the paltry offer at hand.
In this day and age i dont agree that the purchaser is responsible for missing items in post regardless of over-priced insurance. You actually pay them a fee with which they should conduct a professional and reliable service. They appear to have lost your item but make you pay again for another.
Wishing you luck amigo!
2017-5-13
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
United States

Bent Kangawalla Posted at 2017-5-13 15:59
Contact DJI, ask for help in identifying your Mavics unique ID code. Care Refresh cover also needed to have this ID.
Then ask DJI to confirm shipment, and that the unit has not been initialized/flown.
If the unit has been flown, you can ask DJI to offer location of unit as per GPS.

You are missing an important point again.
OP stated he used "proxy" courier which could be a forwarder who forwarded his Mavic to him.
OP has not confirmed who (s)he purchased from but it sounds to me his Mavic got lost during transit from his forwarder to him, NOT from OP's seller to forwarder.
Waiting for OP to clarify
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about that. Could you please let me know where did you purchase the aircraft and the DJI care refresh?
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules