681 5 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terry735001
New
Flight distance : 18602 ft
United States

This is just to talk about my feelings about owning a DJI drone

So yeah my good life long firend about a month ago gave me his new only  45 mins of flying time Mavic pro and i could not help but think hes nuts  why ?

So i for get what he payed for it but it was 1 of the new off the line  big box sets that you had to preorder that came with the cary bag 3  batterys and all the cool stuff in the set for like 1300$  and was mail  out to him as soon as the reless date came up

date when dorne was made  [size=+1]Saturday, November, 12th 2016

so some back story here  

he all so owns the 4k higher end phantom4 but was upset that the app  would all ways crash or just would not install on a 100% new tab that he  got just for his new drone  so its some thing that he put up and it set  for some time .. months latter he found a way to get the app working  after a few updates and loved the drone as many do

in hopping for better luck he loved the look and feel of the mavic but  soon found out the same buggy app did not work well or at all on his new  and old phones and tabs

I was the owner of a yuneec typhoon 4k that did a ok job but was slow  and the video would drop out alot and 1 day as i am getting upset on a  day out flying he says here you can have my new mavic i have at the  houes  .. wow really  .. sure take my yuneec typhoon 4k and put it on  ebay i said to help make some money back for your loss   

on the drive home tho i ask him why .. why..  do you not like  the newer  drone ... he starts off with a line like this .. if you have 2 cars at  home your all ways going to drive the 1 you like more or the 1 that can  start and drive  ....and he tells me about all the times he gets upset  with the app wanting to update before flights to the app not working at  all to just really being upset and tells me to test it on my phone to  make sure before i take it

well we get back to his place and YES the drone likes the older S note 4  as i had a older phone  and i fell in love with this small take any  where drone .PS as i am a full time RVer so this drone is just the right  size for me

but any ways back to it .  

So my first time to take the drone out and so we drive a few hrs out  some where nice and like clock work the drone wants to update and not  let me fly intell it does
I cant fly at all and my firend sounds off yep seen that coming ?

Long story short  i love the drone but i had to get a new phone ..S8+..  the other day and i to cant get away from a app that is stopping my love  for flying
My firend stalled for a month before putting my old drone on  ebay  and  i now miss a dorne that even knowing it was slow and the  video feed sucked at times it work
It worked when i wanted it to and i am sorry but that is more then i can say for the phantom and mavic

The only way hes stopped his upset from updating is to fly on a tab only on a older ver of the app that he never lets online
I being in a RV am looking at a newer ver app that with out cell towers  could keep me from getting the shot i need  or at all when the app wants  to work
The mavic is good for its size but is all so made to only fly in FPV of some type or you cant see where the black dot is going

in the end he got the mavic to replace the P4 but the P4 is the only thing working so thats his daly driver
I to now am thinking about trading the mavic for some thing that  works  as the app seems to be the only block in the road but seeing and  giving every 1 elses feelings i see on here is not some thing thats going to be fixed any time soon

i am sure there may be alot of miss info out there on the next app and others crying for  no real resone but my story is coming from 2 guys with real drones in  are hands
and it seems god help me if i need to send it in to get it fixed

i am not asking you guys to be like the guys over at tesla where you  love your work to death as i am sure you guys love what you do but maybe  putting some more time into RND on your app before more mini drones and  VR head sets should be more in line as i am not 100% sure how many feel  this way but if others are walking away from your drones like this your  new next big toy really may not help if no 1 can trust it to work

I am not looking for any kind of replay but to just give some feed back

2017-5-22
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

What a long story.. I wish I'd also have the friend who gave Mavic to me ;-)...
2017-5-22
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Long winded whinge about the app.

Welcome to the club, take a ticket and stand in line.

It is frustrating when the versions of app, phone iOS/OS and AC FW collide.
But there seems to be a remedy for most people that actually try to sort it out.
2017-5-22
Use props
terry735001
New
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-5-22 21:42
What a long story.. I wish I'd also have the friend who gave Mavic to me ;-)...

my yuneec typhoon 4k  was all most a 1000$ and i just gave it to him  it sold for all most 500$ on ebay
it sucked for its size  how it could not fly in any kind of wind and if you did not do the 200$ mod to hack the video you could not get some times 500 feet away from you before you lost control

but in the end if there is a new update every few weeks that stops you from flying it the way you want the yuneec  becomes a better drone in the end and i just wanted others to know how that feels from are sire . so sorry for the long story as i set for along time trying to find the right way to word it with out it being so long

but yeah hes a good firends
2017-5-22
Use props
terry735001
New
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-22 21:53
Long winded whinge about the app.

Welcome to the club, take a ticket and stand in line.

trust me i have been on here the last few days doing alot of reading  and looking up ways to stop the app from updating or doing what i need to

i dont mind rolling back to a ver that works and i have to think or find some thing soon that may help as i am pulling out on a road trip soon and i be leave the word is this weekend is the new update  and last update like i said kill the app so i need to find a work around

i still if i have to have my older cell phone with the sim card out . hopes it should work for a stand alone
2017-5-22
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

After all that, what is your actual gripe?

Other than being a "block in the road" what is wrong?

Seems like you read everyones problems and automatically adopted them all.
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules