1763 9 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could I use this to connect Goggles and Tablet to the RC and have both at the same time?
Cwxuan-USB-20-Male-to-DualUSB-20-Female-Data-Sync-Charging-Splitter-Cable-Black-.jpg
2017-5-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Don't know the answer to that, but it is an interesting idea.  I think you will have to try it and see.  Let us know how it comes out if you do.
2017-5-26
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

I tried using a USB hub and as expected, it didn't work.  I must admit, I don't like disconnecting the iPad and losing the use of the DJI Go App when flying the Phantom.  Without the benefits of head tracking, it's just as easy to plug the goggles into the HDMI port on the controller - which is exactly what I had with my headplay goggles.  

Such a wildly different experience using the goggles with the P4 compared to the Mavic.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I don't think it would work. Just to clarify, though, what aircraft do you plan to use with the Goggles? Is it one that has the option to use the HDMI module?
2017-5-26
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have the P4P. I have used the HDMI connection but I get no "fancy" stuff, mainly head tracking for friends. I think it's Mavic or not when it comes to using both the Goggles and phone/tablet at the same time
2017-5-27
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-5-26 12:50
I tried using a USB hub and as expected, it didn't work.  I must admit, I don't like disconnecting the iPad and losing the use of the DJI Go App when flying the Phantom.  Without the benefits of head tracking, it's just as easy to plug the goggles into the HDMI port on the controller - which is exactly what I had with my headplay goggles.  

Such a wildly different experience using the goggles with the P4 compared to the Mavic.

Agree 10000 per cent
2017-5-27
Use props
fans938ff366
New
Flight distance : 430610 ft
Spain

Has anyone tried these yet ?
2017-7-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I also am quite sure it won't work.  
2017-7-10
Use props
Seb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659003 ft
Poland

It won't work. USB is a "point-to-point" digital connection, you can't just use a simple, dumb splitter cable to connect two devices into one port; you need USB hub to do so. This Y-cable can be used to split 5V power only - as you can see on the image both cables are of different thickness. Thicker one is full USB connection (so you can connect USB drive), thinner is a power only (for USB charger). According to the goggles manual, you should use micro USB cable (included with goggles) to connect to P4P controller. Take a look at your controller's back - there are two USB ports; one of "normal" size that is used to connect to your phone/tablet, and second one of "micro" size that you will use with goggles. Of course this is just a theory, because I'm still waiting for my goggles to arrive so I can test it.
2017-7-10
Use props
MIKLOSMAN
New
Argentina

Ders all,
I have a Phantom 4 pro and the DJI goggles.
How can I use my iPad, dji goggles at the same time?
Thank you
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules