Do I have a defective controller?
1790 12 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

So, usually when I'm flying not too far from my house I always get an error on my screen and either lose image or it just shows red warnings at the top. I'm a beginner to this and it should be clear with my question but I just wanted to know, do I have a defective RC? Is it something I'm doing wrong on my end or what is it that's going on? I fly to Miami at the end of the month and would love to bring my mavic but I'm scared to have these issues while on my trip. Please help me, thanks!
w1cwG9W.png
2017-5-29
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Are your controller antennas folded out and positioned toward the Mavic correctly ?  Do you get the same warning if flying another direction ?   1000' out and only 200' high there could be something between your controller antennas and the Mavic blocking the signal some .
2017-5-29
Use props
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-29 09:55
Are your controller antennas folded out and positioned toward the Mavic correctly ?  Do you get the same warning if flying another direction ?   1000' out and only 200' high there could be something between your controller antennas and the Mavic blocking the signal some .

Yes they're folded all the way out correctly, at first I read things and I thought oh maybe it's the trees around here but there's no way because I'm not far at all as you can see in the screenshot I took mid flight. I tried to upload other pictures but I'm not sure if it's working. Here's another screenshot I took going another direction a little bit further away.
2017-5-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Do you have a clear line of sight with the drone.
Or in other words are trees maybe blocking the signal?
2017-5-29
Use props
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-29 10:23
Do you have a clear line of sight with the drone.
Or in other words are trees maybe blocking the signal?

I was thinking this, but I doubt it because it's happened even when I've seen it above the trees. whenever this happens, I just set the RTH on and bring it back.
2017-5-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You say the antennas are "folded all the way out correctly".  What do you mean all the way out?  You do NOT point the antennas at the drone.  You should have them broadside to the drone.  Maximum radiation is from the flat sides of the antennas and they should be parallel with each other.  The only time they should point straight out away from you is if the drone is directly overhead, especially at height.
2017-5-29
Use props
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-5-29 10:26
You say the antennas are "folded all the way out correctly".  What do you mean all the way out?  You do NOT point the antennas at the drone.  You should have them broadside to the drone.  Maximum radiation is from the flat sides of the antennas and they should be parallel with each other.  The only time they should point straight out away from you is if the drone is directly overhead, especially at height.

I always fly with my antennas like this.
2017-5-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

SolesForSouls Posted at 2017-5-29 10:28
[view_image]

I always fly with my antennas like this.

That is the correct way.
Last solution,....have you tried reinstalling the controller firmware?
2017-5-29
Use props
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-29 10:32
That is the correct way.
Last solution,....have you tried reinstalling the controller firmware?

Yes, I reset the whole entire drone and controller a few days before I took that screenshot. I figured that would help and it didn't do much.
2017-5-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

Sorry i have no other solution.
Last option is contacting DJI.

Maybe they have some other solution.
2017-5-29
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Have you watched this video?
2017-5-29
Use props
fans4f710cb8
New
United States

I have the same exact issue with mine doing canyoneering shots and the mavic is 30 feet from me. Really frustrating. Does it on almost every flight recently.
2017-5-29
Use props
SolesForSouls
lvl.1
United States

So I uploaded my flight record and this is what I have. Can someone tell me what's wrong here? http://app.airdata.com/main?share=VAMvEm
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules