That moment when you spend 120 buck for nothing..
1596 14 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lebowski
lvl.1

Switzerland

That moment when you spend 120 buck to ride the cable car to a mountain top. but dji wont allow you to fly your drone because they want you to login yet again. Seriously DJI... What the f***?!!

Didn't even update the drone or anything. It was literally untouched since the last time I flew..
2017-6-1
Use props
surfdog63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3812 ft
United States

That Sucks and should never happen.   I have had similar thing happen to me when I went to  fly and take video.  
2017-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Didn't even update the drone or anything. It was literally untouched since the last time I flew."

There has been no update of the Phantom recently.
But did you leave your device set to auto-update the app?
2017-6-1
Use props
Lebowski
lvl.1

Switzerland

Nope, didn't even take the tablet out of the backpack since last time I flew. It was turned off the whole time so it couldn't have randomly connected to a wifi hotspot or anything I could think of.

Did connect it just now and noticed a new add for the spark though..
2017-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Lebowski Posted at 2017-6-1 04:20
Nope, didn't even take the tablet out of the backpack since last time I flew. It was turned off the whole time so it couldn't have randomly connected to a wifi hotspot or anything I could think of.

Did connect it just now and noticed a new add for the spark though..

What version of the app do you have?
The new version is 4.1.0.
2017-6-1
Use props
Lebowski
lvl.1

Switzerland

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-1 04:37
What version of the app do you have?
The new version is 4.1.0.

Pretty sure its 4.1.0 now, i guess it must have auto updated at some point.. Just checked the app settings and everything is set to manual update only so no idea how that happened. So will the app require a new login every time there is an update in the future?
Last time I go out without at least turning the drone on once before to check if everything works though ;)
2017-6-1
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the reasons I moved from AT&T to T-Mobile was free teathering.  I use it rarely, but comes in handy for tablet use when Internet is REQUIRED...somehow.
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Lebowski Posted at 2017-6-1 04:55
Pretty sure its 4.1.0 now, i guess it must have auto updated at some point.. Just checked the app settings and everything is set to manual update only so no idea how that happened. So will the app require a new login every time there is an update in the future?
Last time I go out without at least turning the drone on once before to check if everything works though ;)

If you weren't logged into your DJI account prior to updating to the latest app, it will requre for you to input that information before moving forward. You shouldn't need to log back in again, unless you manually log out. When you logged into your account, though, did everything work as before? Did you incur any performance issues.
2017-6-1
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-1 15:06
If you weren't logged into your DJI account prior to updating to the latest app, it will requre for you to input that information before moving forward. You shouldn't need to log back in again, unless you manually log out. When you logged into your account, though, did everything work as before? Did you incur any performance issues.

My two devices auto updated also. I have noticed no performance issues with the exception of the gimbal going limp in flight , but this happened a couple times before the update also. Any input on that one Jamie?
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ocean224 Posted at 2017-6-2 06:08
My two devices auto updated also. I have noticed no performance issues with the exception of the gimbal going limp in flight , but this happened a couple times before the update also. Any input on that one Jamie?

Was the latter occurring whe you panned or yawed quickly or would it be in random directions? I'm assuming that you've already done the IMU/gimbal calibration troubleshooting without success?
2017-6-2
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 09:18
Was the latter occurring whe you panned or yawed quickly or would it be in random directions? I'm assuming that you've already done the IMU/gimbal calibration troubleshooting without success?

Two times I had just changed the battery and early on it just went limp. I was not even recording. After landing and restarting the Phantom 4 all was well. One time I was in POI and there it went . Restarted and all OK. Yesterday I took off and same thing . Landed and restarted and had no further problem. I will do the calibration later today. See if that helps.
Thank you.Oh, it usually points up to 30 dgrees I guess and comes down that way.
2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just turned GEO zones off when i got my drone, its too broken
2017-6-2
Use props
Phantom Groover
New
Flight distance : 399209 ft
Australia

Happened to me today, drove 60km from home to an area with no phone coverage. Not impressed that there was no option to bypass the log-in. Thanks DJI.
2017-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Phantom Groover Posted at 2017-6-2 23:28
Happened to me today, drove 60km from home to an area with no phone coverage. Not impressed that there was no option to bypass the log-in. Thanks DJI.

You had a couple of weeks warning.
2017-6-2
Use props
Phantom Groover
New
Flight distance : 399209 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-2 23:55
You had a couple of weeks warning.

Unfortunately Ive been away with work for a couple of weeks and was keen to get back into flying.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules