Problems connecting to P3 Pro - please help, tia
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmiles19
New

United States

Hey guys, so I recently bought a used P3 Pro but it seems to be in nearly new condition. I am having trouble connecting to the drone. In the DJI GO app, I can't see any live camera feed (it's just black and gets closer to white towards the bottom of the screen). My RC is connected (I think, I have relinked it countless times now and have full bars near the top right indicator in the app). I have updated all the firmware. I can't control it at all but I get telemetry on temperature, gimbal position, etc. The drone back lights are solid red and forward lights are fast blinking yellow. In the status bar at the top of the app, it's red and says "Signal Lost". HELP!
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you verify what mobile device and Go app version you're using? What firmware versions are you running currently? Could you provide a screenshot of how it's behaving? Try the following combinations to make sure that the RC and aircraft are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.  
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.  
* While holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will make a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
* While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller (ISO) and then the LED indicator on the controller will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft in and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-6-2
Use props
mmiles19
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 15:43
Can you verify what mobile device and Go app version you're using? What firmware versions are you running currently? Could you provide a screenshot of how it's behaving? Try the following combinations to make sure that the RC and aircraft are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:

DJI GO for products before P4, version 3.1.5 (newest). When I try to update the firmware to the newest (v1.10.90) on the drone, it fails and I get a message in a test file with mixed results (see attached pdf), however, I also get a message from the controller that the SD card is invalid. In the app, I believe it says that the drone only has version v1.1.5 (see screenshot). Despite repeated attempts, I am unable to format the SD card via the drone. I formatted it previously on a computer but it didn't seem to change anything.
Screenshot_2017-06-07-18-54-24.png
Screenshot_2017-06-07-18-54-17.png
Screenshot_2017-06-07-18-56-35 (1).png

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

10.7 KB, Down times: 2

firmware update results

2017-6-7
Use props
Ucool Studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft
Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 15:43

Reset the RC:

Hi Jamie,i have a same issue to connect my P3P aircraft,
the aircraft is linking now to RC but the controller light flashing red & green not consistently!
its firmware problem?
2017-6-7
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

Jamie
I see your in Boulder I live in Denver I had the same problem and after all the uploading and downloading and cross stitching I finally figured out it was may device/tablet .. Once I switched to my phone it all went away.  
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mmiles19 Posted at 2017-6-7 17:13
DJI GO for products before P4, version 3.1.5 (newest). When I try to update the firmware to the newest (v1.10.90) on the drone, it fails and I get a message in a test file with mixed results (see attached pdf), however, I also get a message from the controller that the SD card is invalid. In the app, I believe it says that the drone only has version v1.1.5 (see screenshot). Despite repeated attempts, I am unable to format the SD card via the drone. I formatted it previously on a computer but it didn't seem to change anything.

I do apologize for the late reply. Have you tried a different SD card to see if it was corrupted? Do you hear any soft beeping from the camera at all, or is it silent? If you have a blank SD card installed and power cycled the unit and tried to connect to it again, do you still get the invalid SD card message again? Try downgrading the RC one firmware down and relink using the button combinations in post #2 and see if there are any changes. For the sake of troubleshooting you may want to try reinstalling the app or trying a different device as well.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ucool Studio Posted at 2017-6-7 19:07
Hi Jamie,i have a same issue to connect my P3P aircraft,
the aircraft is linking now to RC but the controller light flashing red & green not consistently!
its firmware problem?

I've responded to you on your own thread about this.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules