Help gimbal Locked in a tilted position
762 5 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lilchris109
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7703 ft
United States

So long story short I had a nasty crash and the yaw arm completely snapped in half. Instead of shipping out to be repaired I decided to do it myself. I got a new yaw arm, yaw and roll motors, and a new ribbon cable. I finally got everything put back together and looking brand new until I turned on my P4 and the camera is tilted and looking to the right and I'm completely confused on how to fix it and need alittle advice on what I should do from here.
image.jpg
2017-6-2
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Try to do the gimbal calibration with the phantom sitting on it's back motors.. Like in the picture.. This makes it do a few more calibrations to find center for the yaw motors.
233525eaejcqis8xnka44z.png
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try post #2 and let us know if the issue persists.
2017-6-2
Use props
Lilchris109
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7703 ft
United States

Okay so I tried that method and I tried every other way possible. The back, front, right side and left and still nothing. But I think it made the tilt worst. Plus the whole yaw arm itself is super hot if that makes it any worst.
image.jpg
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you already tried IMU and gimbal calibrations without success, then it would be best just to send it in for service.
2017-6-2
Use props
Lebowski
lvl.1

Switzerland

Lilchris109 Posted at 2017-6-2 17:28
Okay so I tried that method and I tried every other way possible. The back, front, right side and left and still nothing. But I think it made the tilt worst. Plus the whole yaw arm itself is super hot if that makes it any worst.

Just out of curiosity. In your 2nd picture, does the corner of the camera make contact with the gimbal mount (round part)?
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules