Where can I see the list of regional and other restrictions?
2052 11 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2ac11db5
lvl.1
Russia

I got the Phantom 4 pro and now every day I learn about new restrictions...  about which there is not really officially anywhere said

I got a Phantom 4 pro and now every day I learn about new restrictions. For example:
- The frequency 5.8 GHz does not work (In my wifi router it works)
- The upper limit of altitude is 500 meters (From sea level or takeoff point?)

What else restrictions I not found yet?
Where can I get the full list of restrictions?
Why these restrictions are not specified in advertising and other materials?

p.s. I feel a little cheated and disillusioned

With best regards from Russia...
2017-6-3
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understand is that the 500 meters altitude restriction is from take off point.  Some countries have lower limits.

For many, GPS location may relate to GEO restrictions...like trying to fly near airports.  Many of these are also country dependent and may continue to evolve over coming years.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

500 meters is top altitude limit AGL above ground level so long as there is 500meters under your aircraft to the ground, it's not take off point and it's not sea level.
You can fly on 2.4ghz if your having problems with 5.8ghz, if you fly in sports mode you have no obstacle avoidance.
Other than that there are no restrictions.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-6-3 03:57
My understand is that the 500 meters altitude restriction is from take off point.  Some countries have lower limits.

For many, GPS location may relate to GEO restrictions...like trying to fly near airports.  Many of these are also country dependent and may continue to evolve over coming years.

It's 500 meters AGL so not above take off, and yes most countries have limits usually 120 meters.
2017-6-3
Use props
Storm LmD
lvl.1
Russia

I understand that some aspects related to flights may be limited by applicable laws.
I do not understand whyDJI applying restrictions in the software of its products does not inform users and customers about it ...
Is it really difficult to make a message in DJI GO APP that restrictions are set for this region?
And DJI GO APP have a map but there are no signs of zones in which flights are limited ... why are they not shown there? Let it be a surprise for the buyer?

I expected a little more "user friendly" from DJI
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Storm LmD Posted at 2017-6-3 04:23
I understand that some aspects related to flights may be limited by applicable laws.
I do not understand whyDJI applying restrictions in the software of its products does not inform users and customers about it ...
Is it really difficult to make a message in DJI GO APP that restrictions are set for this region?

Not to sure what you mean, NFZ and geo are all explained in the manual you are given warnings you should also be able to check these by going to google and downloading maps of the area you are going to fly in.
2017-6-3
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Have you ever read the  manual? Pages 53 to 56, specifically?  For the No Fly Zones, here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
and
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
2017-6-3
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-3 04:12
It's 500 meters AGL so not above take off, and yes most countries have limits usually 120 meters.

Unless I'm missing something, most drones have no ability to detect AGL.  They know the altitude of take off point and determine flying altitude from that time onward based on GPS...relative to take off point.

There is a hill near my house...which is 800 feet about the basin area.  If I take off from the top, fly up 40 feet...and then out 200 feet...the drone will still show 40 foot altitude.  However its actually closer to 250 feet up from the ground.

While most laws and legal guidelines reference AGL, not sure current consumer drones can actually measure that in any real fashion.  If they add radar at some point in the future, maybe, but not yet.  Vision systems help a little at lower altitudes...but thats in the less than 100 foot range.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-6-3 08:27
Unless I'm missing something, most drones have no ability to detect AGL.  They know the altitude of take off point and determine flying altitude from that time onward based on GPS...relative to take off point.

There is a hill near my house...which is 800 feet about the basin area.  If I take off from the top, fly up 40 feet...and then out 200 feet...the drone will still show 40 foot altitude.  However its actually closer to 250 feet up from the ground.

If you fly up 10 meter and out 20 meter and drop 30 meters your height will read a minus figure . Your legal height is measured from the ground underneath the drone and not the homepoint.
2017-6-3
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-3 08:58
If you fly up 10 meter and out 20 meter and drop 30 meters your height will read a minus figure . Your legal height is measured from the ground underneath the drone and not the homepoint.

Exactly, which is my point.  Drone elevation both shown and enforced (by the drone) is not AGL, but based on height relative to take off.

On the weekends I fly some from the upper parking lot of a local college.  Its completely deserted then and have a fantastic view of the area.  However since the lot is 110 feet above the area below, I manually restrict my height to less than 290 feet, which keeps its below the FAA guideline of 400.

At some point in the future better drones will have the ability to detect true AGL.  Today those of us with P4 style gear are limited more by our own honesty in flight.
2017-6-3
Use props
Storm LmD
lvl.1
Russia

Any other restrictions?
Interest 5.8 GHz support in Russia
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Specifications would be a better term. Specifications are listed in the product information sheets for the specific product. None of this is hidden and in fact this information is used heavily in promoting the product. It is not as bad as you think.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules