RTH button gone!
2930 12 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ee5e12e
lvl.2
Indonesia

so i flew my drone this afternoon, to catch some beach footage. the drone flew about 100~ish high, and the distance not far from me.after 2~4 minutes there a windy warning about it, so i think the drone better stay in the ground. but! the RTH button is missing!, all the left side icon is missing (all smart fly mode, RTH button gone!) replace by some icon with X red mark on the left side. i dont know what is this.

try to push that icon, nothing happen. so i tryng manually to land the drone ( i was panic at this moment, because the drone is not of my line of sight).
short story i got visual on my eye,  i push down to land, on screen it has text "landing" but it barely move down. (not sure the speed to move down, like 0.2 i think?) so i try to switch to sport mode, same result. decends speed very slow. btw, took some time to land it down 3-5 min maybe. it safe now.

some of my though

1. how come RTH button gone? anyone experienced this?
2. my speed to decend is very slow, and yes its windy at the moment. anyone got some though about this?

any reply apreciated. thanks

*my english is a bit clunky so sorry for that*

2017-6-3
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know there is a RTH button on the transmitter.
2017-6-3
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

Why you didnt hoover and restart the application?
Or maybe turn off the controler, the Mavic will enter in RTH mode because no signal.

And as Glenn say, you have RTH button in the control
2017-6-3
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

If you were flying in Tripod-mode, decending (landing) will take a long time... as long as you are in control over the Mavic with the RC, don't switch it off. You got wind warning, this could explain the slow reacting of the Mavic.
2017-6-3
Use props
fans7ee5e12e
lvl.2
Indonesia

Geez, u right there RTH button on RC, guess panic attack ovverides me.

@pitando : is it okay to restart the apps? im affraid to lose it
@mari : im not sure about the -mode, all icon on the left was gone, only "X" mark with red. got the wind warning, i tested move left/right/roll seems work perfectly except descending (very slow)
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans7ee5e12e Posted at 2017-6-3 09:08
Geez, u right there RTH button on RC, guess panic attack ovverides me.

@pitando : is it okay to restart the apps? im affraid to lose it

Hey you were lucky i think you should go and read the manual.
2017-6-3
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

Yes, if you have a lot f battery and time...
Lot of people have app problems, apps craching...only way it to restart. I already saw guys restarting the phone to recover the app.

2017-6-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You were in some particular mode that could be cancelled by pressing the red circle and X that you had on the left hand side of the screen. If you had tapped on that properly, the original RTH and other icons would have reappeared.
2017-6-3
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah theres an RTH button on the top left of the controller specifically for situations in which the app crashes
2017-6-4
Use props
fans7ee5e12e
lvl.2
Indonesia

i think i found the culprit, the battery was the issue, when i push down (command to descend, mavic suddently go to landing mode, with obstacle sensor disable, and i cant cancel it when i push the X icon, i cancel it with moving the mavic up)

how to update firmware for the battery?
2017-6-6
Use props
fans7ee5e12e
lvl.2
Indonesia

i think i found the culprit, the battery was the issue, when i push down (command to descend, mavic suddently go to landing mode, with obstacle sensor disable, and i cant cancel it when i push the X icon, i cancel it with moving the mavic up)

2017-6-6
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fans7ee5e12e Posted at 2017-6-6 06:01

Maybe you should start by reading the manual for the Mavic and DJI GO 4 a few times, before you go on your next flight and before you lose your drone...
2017-6-6
Use props
fans7ee5e12e
lvl.2
Indonesia

PhanFran Posted at 2017-6-6 07:04
Maybe you should start by reading the manual for the Mavic and DJI GO 4 a few times, before you go on your next flight and before you lose your drone...

by all mean sir, i check the tutorial, all video available on youtube, the good the bad.
and i think im put in wrong title,
its not the button is gone, but the RTH icon is gone,  ( i cant edit sorry)

when i try to move it down, but it goes to landing mode (even at 60~70ish feet, no obstacle below, clear path, down speed 0.2 , and i cant cancel it by tapping the X button, nothing happen, instead it auto focusing the X mark)

i saw some video youtube to update the firmware (auto pop up when connected to mvp, but not in my case)
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules