Good News For Pilots Using Apple Devices
1223 6 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Apple has built in Screen Recording in the next major Operating System update (due in the fall). At this point Apple Developers have just received the first Beta of iOS 11 and while it's far from ready for prime time it does have some very interesting and needed new features.

At this point, I have not gotten the Screen Recording on my iPhone 7+ Working - but it is working on the iPads I've updated (though I have not installed the Beta on the Mini 4 that's dedicated to the quads).

Other new features in the 11 Beta are greatly improved settings for saving photos and videos in HEIF & HEVC formats - instead of jpeg & h.264.

I see these as real positives for our quads.

2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

You guys at least had an app that could do this before, right?
2017-6-8
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

IIRC - You had to either jailbreak the iPhone or do some type of sketchy sideloading.
2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-8 17:19
IIRC - You had to either jailbreak the iPhone or do some type of sketchy sideloading.

Well cool that you will now be able to do it.  This is a very handy thing for when you are describing a problem.
2017-6-8
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Is there an IOS app you use now untill this is released?
2017-6-8
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-6-8 19:07
Is there an IOS app you use now untill this is released?

Screen Recording is a feature of the Litchi app if I'm not mistaken. You can also airplay your phone to an apple TV which is basically wirelessly sending the feed to an apple TV.

You can also plug in your iOS device to a computer (I think it has to be a mac, I've never tried on windows) and open quicktime and do screen recording. The problem here is you can't have the device plugged into the controller and the computer at the same time.
2017-6-8
Use props
djiuser_2RnQrwVhcHxh
New

Netherlands

the greatest news is that iPad model is awesome for the pilots. That iPad having a larger storage capability and wi-fi connection is too great and their model design is excellent for them.that GPS receiver is excellent. so if you want to know more about this you can avenue the apple tech support site to know more information about that product.
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules