Signal loss and firmware downgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans020bad1e
New
Israel

Hi,

I have a P3A.
I'm suffering from signal loss when flying at a distance of ~ 300-400 meters (1100 ft). My height is  ~ 10 meters (35 ft).

I tried the following:
1. re-linking the RC and the drone
2. made sure my Antennas are in a perpendicular position (as explained in the DJI tutorial videos).
3. Checked the video channels and also tried using a manual channel 16.

I'm flying over the sea, so I expect no obstacles and have a clear line of sight to the drone.  The same happens to me over land as well.

I believe that my only option now is to downgrade the firmware (I'm using the latest).
Can anyone recommend a version that doesn't suffer from this issue?
Also, any other ideas of things I can try?
2017-6-11
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Your current aircraft firmware is v1.10.9?
And the RC firmware is 1.6?
2017-6-11
Use props
fans020bad1e
New
Israel

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-11 06:04
Your current aircraft firmware is v1.10.9?
And the RC firmware is 1.6?

yes, those are the versions
2017-6-11
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans020bad1e Posted at 2017-6-11 10:06
yes, those are the versions

Then maybe you can try downgrade the aircraft firmware to v1.09.6, and the RC downgrade to v1.5.8.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans020bad1e
New
Israel

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-11 10:14
Then maybe you can try downgrade the aircraft firmware to v1.09.6, and the RC downgrade to v1.5.8.

do you know for sure that this version solves the range issue?
2017-6-11
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

It could be due to wifi interference a the location you were flying and many other reasons (maybe your antenna connection was loose...etc). I have tried the range could be reduced to 30-50m if the interference is strong. So in order to confirm it is not a interference issue, you need another phantom 3 adv/pro for comparison. If the another one can fly 1km without any signal loss in the same location, there must be a problem of phantom. When I got interference on site, i would reduce the transmission quality to gain better range. Normally, but i cannot say for sure, your issue is not related to  firmware.
2017-6-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

If you have the latest firmware, which you say you have V1.10.9, you RC should be on 1.80.
I also have a P3A with the latest firmware and I have no issues with signal strength or distance.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans020bad1e
New
Israel

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-12 04:40
If you have the latest firmware, which you say you have V1.10.9, you RC should be on 1.80.
I also have a P3A with the latest firmware and I have no issues with signal strength or distance.

Thanks everyone, I'll go do some more homework.

Meir
2017-6-12
Use props
Aussiephantom1
lvl.1
Australia

I don't have a solution to your problem, I too am suffering from firmware upgrade issues, I have not been able to fly my P3A since the firmware upgrade. I keep getting the Signal Lost notification even in my own backyard, never had this issue before, I tried downgrading firmware and get cannot downgrade firmware.  I have a very expensive paperweight.  
2017-6-12
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Aussiephantom1 Posted at 2017-6-12 16:59
I don't have a solution to your problem, I too am suffering from firmware upgrade issues, I have not been able to fly my P3A since the firmware upgrade. I keep getting the Signal Lost notification even in my own backyard, never had this issue before, I tried downgrading firmware and get cannot downgrade firmware.  I have a very expensive paperweight.

I have seen where the phantom gets upgrade but the RC fails or the other way around. Both need to be on the correct version for things to work properly. The latest for the P3A is 1.10.9 firmware package, but the RC version must say 1.8 for things to be correct. The versions will not be the same for both the phantom and the RC, but again they must be on the same versions out of the package.
Try putting the firmware bin file only (not the downloaded folder) in the root of a freshly formatted sd-card. Turn on phantom only and make sure it upgrades and finishes. It will take 20-minutes or so. You need to see a green light on the camera and it will beep D-DD. Now your aircraft should be good. The RC you will update through your Wifi if it is not the correct version. Make sure you have a good internet connection. If successful, turn everything off and reboot. Connect your app via tablet or phone and look in the "About" section to confirm you are on the correct versions I listed above. You may also need to re-link the two together again to make sure things are good. I hope this might help. Although you are in another country, you should not be having these signal or short distance issues in my opinion.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules