1143 11 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3220266 ft
France

Hi guys,

I have a big issue on P4Pro, please have a look to the video, you can see the gimbal issue and the position of the sticks. The shop where i ve bought it has proceed to an warranty exchange, but the new P4P i ve received has exactly the same issue, at its first flight ! I am currently waiting for a third P4P, i hope without this issue. Some of you had this issue ?
2017-6-17
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

You're in Sport mode, and the gimbal has reached the maximum limit on hard turns. This is completely normal!
2017-6-17
Use props
julok
lvl.1
France

Come on, i am not in sport mode, and it happen also at lower speed. It is not normal at all ! (even in sport mode, it should not happen, even more without any gimbal overloaded warning)
2017-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

julok Posted at 2017-6-17 09:02
Come on, i am not in sport mode, and it happen also at lower speed. It is not normal at all ! (even in sport mode, it should not happen, even more without any gimbal overloaded warning)

That shouldn't happen, return it and get one that works.
2017-6-17
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you watch your map view closely you will see that when you experience what I call gimbal rollover it is when the aircraft is moving at 54 km/hr (33.5 mph) to the right.  I have reported similar gimbal rollover issues when the P4Pro is flying to the right at horizontal speeds greater than 20 mph when there is wind coming from the front of the aircraft. I have also seen this same instability briefly when accelerating forward and simultaneously increasing altitude rapidly while turning slightly to the left.

See point 2) in my forum post here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-99958-1-1.html

This is either a firmware issue or a mechanical gimbal mechanical limitation.
2017-6-17
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-6-17 04:26
You're in Sport mode, and the gimbal has reached the maximum limit on hard turns. This is completely normal!

yes it happen to me  while in sport mode so just be aware
2017-6-17
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had the same issue. Strange behavior.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-89984-1-1.html
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

julok Posted at 2017-6-17 09:02

Just to clarify, what lower speeds was this happening at? Does it always when you yaw to the right, or does it occur when going left as well?  Was there some noticeable wind? Is this right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-6-17
Use props
julok
lvl.1
France

Hi guys,

thx to all of you for your answers.
It happens only when i turn left (yaw to the right) and it can happen at lower speed like 35km/h, no noticeable wind. Firmware were up to date yes, no crash or hard landing.
It is not happening on a right turn (yaw to he left) event at high speed.

On my first P4P with this issue, the gimbal was goind worst and worst, i mean i started to hear some unuasual nois either power ON or OFF.
I returned it and add a new one under warranty (before that, they try to fix the issue by replacing the main board, was not fixing the issue at all), on the new P4P same issue, so i returned it as well and i am currently waiting a third P4P...

Honnestly it is really disturbing when you flying (looking at your display) and it happen, it looks like your drone is crashing (engine dead or loosing a propeler).
2017-6-18
Use props
julok
lvl.1
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 19:11
Just to clarify, what lower speeds was this happening at? Does it always when you yaw to the right, or does it occur when going left as well?  Was there some noticeable wind? Is this right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or hard landing?

any ideas Jamie ?
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I have a p4 and ive never seen that and i fly in sport mode a lot. Could be because the p4a/p has a heavier camera on the same gimbal. Could be to much for it.
2017-6-19
Use props
julok
lvl.1
France

One more video at a lower speed (45 km/h)

2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules