Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller Data
5630 17 2016-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garrett.solomon
New

Gettting an error message after most recent upgrade.  Asking me to "Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft.  Ensure that none of the pins are loose.  If the problem persists, contact DJI Support".  Just started after upgrade of firmware.  No damage to bird, no hard landings or crashes.  plug seems firmly connected.  Any ideas before sending the whole bird back? Brand new...three flights only.
2016-07-30 16.05.48.png
2016-7-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's possible that a module disconnected during the firmware update. Could you please post you log file for this update? Have you tried power cycling the aircraft a few times to try to clear the error?
2016-7-30
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-30 19:30
It's possible that a module disconnected during the firmware update. Could you please post you log f ...

Question on how you power cycle the aircraft?
2016-7-30
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-31 10:55
Question on how you power cycle the aircraft?

Turn everything off and back on again.
2016-7-30
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

Downgrade to last update. Mine did the same thing.
2016-7-30
Use props
werner.daehn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Had the same thing, root cause was an (unintentionally) interrupted upgrade of the aircraft. So I would say, upgrade the aircraft using the SD card method, meaning:
1. Copy the latest firmware onto the SD card of the camera, delete all other files.
2. Enter the SD card into the camera and mount it to the inspire.
3. Turn off the remote and keep it that way.
4. Turn on the Inspire with a fully (more than half at least) charged battery and keep it turned on for 10-25 minutes.

It will try to find the remote, if it does not it will inspect the SD card, find the upgrade software and start beeping and blinking through its upgrade sequence. The sounds will change often until the upgrade is complete. Once you are absolutely sure the upgrade-finished state has been reached, then turn off all and turn on again for flying.

Inspect the contents of the written txt file on the SD card, it should say in the last line that the upgrade was successful. I am not sure here, I believe it did so but only once I tried for another upgrade and it said "no upgrade aircraft on latest version".

For me it was definitely not a hardware problem but a misleading error message. Have flown a lot since.
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

All you need to do is a IMU calibration and Camera calibration, I have seen this before

donnie
2016-7-31
Use props
Garrett_S
New

werner.daehn@go Posted at 2016-7-31 18:22
Had the same thing, root cause was an (unintentionally) interrupted upgrade of the aircraft. So I wo ...

I will try this.  That said, I always check the TXT file after upgrading to confirm I got a successful upgrade.  But no harm in trying again.
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Garrett_S Posted at 2016-7-31 07:32
I will try this.  That said, I always check the TXT file after upgrading to confirm I got a succes ...

Please try my way first, I think it will save you a lot of time.  
It is always good to check for success on the SD card.  This is a separate anomaly I have seen a couple of times.  The IMU and Camera Calibration solved the issue.

I hope it works for you as well.
I cant find the one I helped solve , but here is another with similar issue, the method i suggest solved it
werners method may work as well, but I have had experience with this personally and have fixed other members with same problem .

good luck

http://forum.dji.com/thread-50727-1-1.html

donnie

2016-7-31
Use props
Garrett_S
New

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 18:50
All you need to do is a IMU calibration and Camera calibration, I have seen this before

donnie

Thanks Donnie! This worked and only took a few minutes to calibrate.
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Garrett_S Posted at 2016-7-31 08:55
Thanks Donnie! This worked and only took a few minutes to calibrate.

Cool , I was hoping you would give it first shot , I just happen to have experienced this one and knew the remedy.

donnie
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-30 21:30
It's possible that a module disconnected during the firmware update. Could you please post you log f ...

DJI- Jamie , I have seen this anomaly several times and the fix is an IMU and Camera Calibration .  Mayabe you could ask the programmers why this warning is coming up and why the Calibrations fix it .

I can think of at least 5 instances, ( Including myself )  where this has happened.  I am glad we have a solution , but I would like to know the cause.

Respectfully - donnie
2016-7-31
Use props
werner.daehn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So I had been half-correct, at least: It is a misleading error message. That's for sure, right?
Interesting part would be if there are two possible root causes or if it is the IMU calibration only. I did not do any calibration during those days. Does the firmware upgrade process do that automatically maybe and that's why I got rid of the error message? Worth watching next time it happens...
2016-8-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

werner.daehn@go Posted at 2016-8-3 00:06
So I had been half-correct, at least: It is a misleading error message. That's for sure, right?
Inte ...

Werner, I totally agree that this error message is wrong or mis- directed.  I was very hesitant to give my procedure as I did not want to be rude.  I have seen this error message several times and I knew the remedy for sure, it was also a very  quick solution, yours may have worked as well but I wanted the OP to try mine first as it would take the least amount of time and should be completed after every new firmware update regardless of an error code.

Your input is most appreciated.

Thanks again Werner

donnie
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 22:19
DJI- Jamie , I have seen this anomaly several times and the fix is an IMU and Camera Calibration . ...

Whenever data is getting overwritten during updates, there's always the chance that residual information can cause false errors. Performing an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration would be able to ensure that the unit is reading all the components properly. If calibrating the unit does not alleviate the issue, then a hardware issue may be present.
2016-8-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 16:28
Whenever data is getting overwritten during updates, theres always the chance that residual inform ...

Ah ha , that makes sense, thank's for explanation.

cheers

donnie
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-4 17:41
Ah ha , that makes sense, thank's for explanation.

cheers

You're welcome.
2016-8-4
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

werner.daehn@go Posted at 2016-7-31 02:22
Had the same thing, root cause was an (unintentionally) interrupted upgrade of the aircraft. So I would say, upgrade the aircraft using the SD card method, meaning:
1. Copy the latest firmware onto the SD card of the camera, delete all other files.
2. Enter the SD card into the camera and mount it to the inspire.

This post saved my $#@.  Thank you !!
See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;extra=#pid730692
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules