Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass Calibration Failed
12Next >
21483 45 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yao
New
Flight distance : 250318 ft
Australia

Got my first new drone several days back and I can't seem to solve the problem of failing compass calibration, as I'm "too near to a electromagnetic field". Went to several locations to have it tested and saw a mate flying it in the park. We did the calibration together and he got it calibrated successfully while mine failed. Went into general settings => advance setting => sensors to take a look, and apparently Compass 2 (vertical sensor) seems to be always in the poor to error zone, while Compass 1 is always within the "green" zone.

I wonder if this is a mechanical error or not? Appreciate help from everyone.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having difficulties, connect it to the Assistant2 and preform a factory reset and then a compass calibration in a area with no metal including on yourself. RC/phone on the ground several feet away from the Mavic.Also, are you on the latest firmware?
2016-11-17
Use props
Yao
New
Australia

Hey Ken! Thanks for the prompt response. Tried to use Assistant 2 to perform factory reset but failed. Thereafter, I tried to refresh the latest firmware via the phone and it worked! Performed the compass calibration again and I've got back the same error.
2016-11-17
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 06:27
Sorry you are having difficulties, connect it to the Assistant2 and preform a factory reset and then ...

Hi Ken, I know this might just be an unfortunate coincidence and there are only 3 cases reported to you so far, but the problem that Yao is experiencing seems to be exactly the same problem as mine and the other Mavic owner in HK who got lucky to receive a 1 on 1 exchange while I had to send mine to DJI Support in HK and still waiting for the diagnosis. I understand 3 out of probably thousands of DJI Mavic already flying is a small percentage but I really hope that DJI can at least give us some priorities in fixing our problems because it is very frustrating after a long wait to receive a product that is not functioning. Thanks for your support and I hope we will remain a few isolated problems.

Hi Yao, you can refer to the following threads for more details about our problems:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-71762-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-71338-1-1.html
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-18 09:01
Hi Ken, I know this might just be an unfortunate coincidence and there are only 3 cases reported t ...

If the compass will not calibrate with factory resetting or firmware updating then you will need to send it in for repair.
You are calibrating with the arms unfolded correct?
2016-11-17
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 10:32
If the compass will not calibrate with factory resetting or firmware updating then you will need t ...

Ken, mine is already sent for repair since Tuesday. I am afraid that Yao will have to get it repaired too. Any clue why it is happening? Is it a defective component from the Mavic or may have the compass be exposed to strong magnetic fields during the transport? What kind of compensation can we expect from DJI for the delivery of a malfunctioning product? My expectation is a fast repair and for your information, though Apple could do nothing for me, they already credited me 50 SGD as token of apology.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-18 10:44
Ken, mine is already sent for repair since Tuesday. I am afraid that Yao will have to get it repai ...

I'm sorry you experienced a compass error, as said before out of the many that have been sold there's only a small handful that have experienced any kind or error.
That is what the warranty is for, in case of a manufacture issue it will be repaired.
As far as compensation, DJI does not offer compensation if you send a product in for warranty repair.
2016-11-17
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

As I wrote, my only expectation as a compensation is a fast solving of the problem and a quick return of the product. At this date (96 hours after the product was received), I am still waiting to receive the assessment of DJI after checking my product and an estimation of the repair time frame.
2016-11-17
Use props
Yao
New
Australia

Hi Guys!

I've read it and apparently we've got the same issue as my drone is from Singapore too. Got it on the 11th of Nov.

However, as I'm based in Australia now, how can I get recourse on this issue?

2016-11-17
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Yao Posted at 2016-11-18 15:40
Hi Guys!

I've read it and apparently we've got the same issue as my drone is from Singapore too. Go ...

Hi Yao. You need to contact DJI Support: http://www.dji.com/support.
Could you make a screenshot of your compass sensors signals just to see how similar they are too mine? I guess your compass 2 signal is around 995~999.
From who did you get it in Singapore? Local dealers or Apple Singapore?
2016-11-18
Use props
Yao
New
Australia

Hi AYA, I've got it through Apple Singapore and below is my compass sensors signals.

IMG_3080.PNG
2016-11-18
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Yao Posted at 2016-11-18 20:59
Hi AYA, I've got it through Apple Singapore and below is my compass sensors signals.

Hi Yao. Same problem as mine. Have you tried flying it? Personally I did not because I know it is very hazardous to fly with a compass error even if the one malfunctioning is the backup one and I had a constant warning message popping up on my screen that would have not allowed me to see where I am flying. Mine is now with DJI in HK for repair (their repair center is in Shenzhen actually) and I am waiting for their feedback. You should  also call Apple to report this problem and FYI I got 50 SGD refund. It is not much but it will help to cover a part of your shipping costs. Good luck and I will keep you updated of the outcome at my end. Alex.
2016-11-18
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

I had that problem for a minute and when it mentioned electromagnetic field I realized I had a magnetic bracelet on .. took it off .. and it calibrated fine after that.
2016-11-18
Use props
AYA74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

yHS0eU90xE7Q Posted at 2016-11-19 02:49
I had that problem for a minute and when it mentioned electromagnetic field I realized I had a magne ...

It is not the same problem. Magnetic interferences are common. But when you still have magnetic interferences despite moving to different outdoor locations and one of the compass does not calibrate, there is an issue.
2016-11-18
Use props
Frarqmata
New
Flight distance : 35417 ft
Honduras

Good, morning, hope everyone is having a great, I would like to know how can I calibrate the compass once the drone is connected to the DJI 4 app? and also after almost every flight the batteries are left at 30% or a littlebit less, is it safe to charge them at this percentage? or should I deplete the battery completly? What is the best way to extend the batteries life? Thanks in advance!
2017-1-19
Use props
Pesens
lvl.1

Philippines

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-18 16:52
It is not the same problem. Magnetic interferences are common. But when you still have magnetic interferences despite moving to different outdoor locations and one of the compass does not calibrate, there is an issue.

Good morning Aya and everyone!

Guess I have a similar problem. Got my Mavic on 30 December 2016 and I could use it well. Now I'm traveling through Philippines and for the first weeks it worked well. But since 5 days I changed 4 times places to take off (beaches) always got problems of magnetic interferences and could not calibrate the compass :-(

My compass sensors signals says:

"Compass1 Abnormal Compass Di.. Move away from magnetic interference"
"Compass2 IMU Error. Cannot b... Data Error"

Don't know what to do!! Anyone who's so good to say what is wrong?
Thank you very much!
2017-1-30
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

As many issues have happened with faulty cables, I would try removing the original cable and using the bottom port to connect the phone to the remote with another usb cable. Then try to repeat the calibration. Also remember that having dji go and dji go 4 installed at the same moment can cause issues (if that is the case uninstall both, cleanup the folders, reinstall only one)

After checking those two steps I'd launch the calibration again to see if it works. If not, send it for exchange.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans6fa4f2f0
lvl.3

Spain

Hi, if anyone from DJI is reading, please help...this is very frustrating.

My first Mavic Pro had a faulty gimbal with would make image/video shake randomly. I went through the DOA procedure to get a new unit in exchange (CAS-428212-L3D8G8). All of this took 15 days.

Now I try the replacement unit and I'm getting this freaking compass calibration error. Regardless of whatever I do (open field, dance, etc.) there is no way to calibrate the compass. I've owned Phantom, Inspires before with no calibration issues. Must be a faulty compass unit. So again, I need to go through the DOA procedure.

Anyway we can accelerate this? I really need the dron for next weekend and can't afford to wait for 15 days...and how can I make sure that the next drone is not faulty?

Please help!
2017-2-18
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

I got the same problem today, all firmware's up to date. Have tried every possible fix known to mankind with zero results. From the above comments my Mavics heading in for repairs ????????

Not acceptable DJI, I already have an X5 gimbal being repaired for some magnet problem(6 weeks and counting). Now the Mavic cant calibrate its compass all of a sudden..whats doing this is my business and all my equipment is failing.
IMG_0188.PNG
2017-3-21
Use props
Sdpaddler50
lvl.1
United States

I fought the compass cal for a week. My home is near electrical wires, which I found at even 1/4 mile away were sufficient. Driving around town, same deal, would not work.

Finally got it to calibrate today. Went to the ocean, on a cliff, nothing but birds around and it finally worked.

Just throwing it out there in case it helps.
2017-3-21
Use props
BobbyBrownPants
New
Flight distance : 13599 ft
United Kingdom

Exact same issue here in the UK, had my drone since the beginning of March and only flown it about 6 times

2017-4-2
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13957 ft
United Kingdom

I get this too, UK supplied drone, only flown once. Lots of Compass Calibration failures and Forward Vision sensors failure. IMU Calibration also failed a few times.
Never had so many problems with a new drone. My P2, P3 and 3DR Solo fly without any such complaints !
Mavic is very fussy it appears.
2017-4-3
Use props
BobbyBrownPants
New
Flight distance : 13599 ft
United Kingdom

Disgusting service in Europe:
My 14 month old £130 Jabra Business headset broke so Jabra sent a courier with a padded container for both pick-up and drop-off.
I'v had my drone for 4 weeks, flown it 5 times and DJI says I have to box and post it myself having spent over £1200 with them WTF!
2017-4-5
Use props
Robertking975
New
Flight distance : 141699 ft
United States

I'm guessing I'm having the same issues????? I've had only 3 flights on it now got it to calibrate once after like 20 try's but would fly fine then I'd get compass error exit-p-gps mode then would start to fly funny so I'd bring it  down. It would only show the first compass needing calibration but always fail. I've read the post and tried everything guess I gotta send it in????
2017-8-6
Use props
Shafanjum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
India

Hellow friends, i am in trouble! I just recvd my spark and i had a minor crash to a small leaf than after i am experiencing a compass error- i tried  caliberating but its not happening..appreicte your help.thnx- pls see th screenshots
Screenshot_20170824-223619.png
Screenshot_20170824-223709.png
2017-8-24
Use props
Ferks
lvl.3
United States

Dumb question, but are you extending the arms on the Mavic, if they're closed the motors will cause a compass error.
2017-8-24
Use props
jmmavic
New
Spain

Hello, I have the same problem (new mavic pro) ... I can not calibrate the compass ... I perform the horizontal process, and the light of the mavic goes green, I put it vertically and when I turn it, the lights go to yellow / red blinking ... also, the compass 1 always comes out as disconnected (interference) ... can someone come up with a solution?

Thank you very much.
jmmavic
2017-11-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

jmmavic Posted at 2017-11-29 13:51
Hello, I have the same problem (new mavic pro) ... I can not calibrate the compass ... I perform the horizontal process, and the light of the mavic goes green, I put it vertically and when I turn it, the lights go to yellow / red blinking ... also, the compass 1 always comes out as disconnected (interference) ... can someone come up with a solution?

I replied to your duplicate post in the other thread.
2017-11-29
Use props
fans1351c572
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-11-29 14:24
I replied to your duplicate post in the other thread.

Sad to say but i think ur compass if fried (burnt)... I had a brand spanking new Mavic Pro 1 1/2 weeks old Battery counter showing 3 charges... Never crashed or went thru hard landing (babied)... I played on the simulator for 5-7 mins while Mavic was on table turned on, gimble clamp & dome off, drone fan on loud n clear, props off... Then just when i was about to turn off drone i smelt a burning electrical smell eminating from drone but quickly faded away cause drone fan still on... Next day i tried to fly it but status bar showing calibrate IMU & then calibrate compass (which i did first time flight & the 3 flights never needed)... Then status bar showed clear for takeoff (green flashes) which i did then drone took off but started turning then banged my house... When rebooted drone and recalibrated compass again it says ready for takeoff but when i picked up the drone to put on ground compass error would show when drone is turned to the left or right and show ready for takeoff when resting for couple seconds after... Honestly after experiencing & reading so many posts of compass errors im afraid that when people say they have issues with the compass i really think is about to fail or failed... What if the compass fails while in the sky and the person who owns the drone doesnt & wouldnt know and drone chashes like mine... Cause within 15 minutes i couldnt smell the electrical burn smell after from the drone... I really think DJI needs to fix the compass issues before someone gets hurt or killed... Drone was working 3 times like a charm till the crash... People say its a operator error that they dont know how to calibrate but honestly i think its a HARDWARE failure problem...
2017-11-29
Use props
johanes
lvl.1
Colombia

hi, another case that does not calibrate the second compass ... unfortunately the drone bought it in Florida and I am in Colombia and the assistance service of DJI would take weeks not to say months.
.... I have found forums with unorthodox solutions such as passing a magnet to three centimeters of the compass. Another solution is to uncover the mavic and check that none of the cable phases of the engines are near the compass.
the person from Singapore or someone else has found a solution?
regards
2017-12-9
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5148 ft
Australia

I had same problem. A brand new mavic wouldn’t cabibate, the IMU wouldn’t also. After lots of reading and resetting and trying stuff out I contacted dji and it was sent back for repair. I’m my case a controller board had failed and was causing all the issues. Sometimes if it’s under warranty contact them to ask the question.
2017-12-9
Use props
djiuser_QLlAJBk
Flight distance : 143035 ft
Brazil

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-12-9 17:11
I had same problem. A brand new mavic wouldn’t cabibate, the IMU wouldn’t also. After lots of reading and resetting and trying stuff out I contacted dji and it was sent back for repair. I’m my case a controller board had failed and was causing all the issues. Sometimes if it’s under warranty contact them to ask the question.

Hi, same problem with Compass Calibration in the number 2. Fly for just two weeks and have this problem that I can't solve. I bought in US tha Mavic but I live in Brazil. Braziliam DJI Repair Center (Dronetecnia) says that I need to send the drone for repair in USA and can't repair in Brazil because I bought in another country. Contact DJI Support Chat and was told me thata I can send the drone to Brazil repair center and open the case CAS-1371662-B1N5J2. I just cant send to USA because I don't have a adress in the USA. Please DJI Suport and Brazil DJI repair center Dronetecnia allow me to send the drone to be fix in Brazil, it's a factory problem I just have this drone  days ago. Please help me.

Compass Error

Compass Error
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_QLlAJBk
Brazil

djiuser_QLlAJBk Posted at 2018-1-3 14:49
Hi, same problem with Compass Calibration in the number 2. Fly for just two weeks and have this problem that I can't solve. I bought in US tha Mavic but I live in Brazil. Braziliam DJI Repair Center (Dronetecnia) says that I need to send the drone for repair in USA and can't repair in Brazil because I bought in another country. Contact DJI Support Chat and was told me thata I can send the drone to Brazil repair center and open the case CAS-1371662-B1N5J2. I just cant send to USA because I don't have a adress in the USA. Please DJI Suport and Brazil DJI repair center Dronetecnia allow me to send the drone to be fix in Brazil, it's a factory problem I just have this drone  days ago. Please help me.

2018-1-3
Use props
fans19c9116d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
Brazil

Hi. I'm also in Brasil e have the same issue. Have you had solved your question? jeanmarccosta@yahoo.com.br
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_QLlAJBk
Brazil

fans19c9116d Posted at 2018-1-7 09:37
Hi. I'm also in Brasil e have the same issue. Have you had solved your question?

Olá Jean, não consegui que a garantia cobrisse o conserto no Brazil. Vou enviar para os EUA através de um amigo que mora lá, enviar para o conserto. Veja neste outro forum a resposta da DJI https://forum.dji.com/thread-127277-1-1.html
2018-1-9
Use props
Brutale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26 ft
Canada

Read my post " HELP....VERY DISSAPPOINTED".  It was defective right out of the box.  I could not calibrate no matter what I did or how I did or where I was located.
Just be thankful DJI doesn't make parts for the ISS. STILL HAVE NO REPLACEMENT.......STILL VERY DISSAPPOINTED.
2018-1-11
Use props
fans80e58d3e
New
Argentina

I had the same problem with the compass, I flew only 3 times without problems, the fourth time I wanted to do it, when I raised it straight up, it only started to go quickly to one side, it crashed with a tree, fell about 5 meters and broke the right back arm, repair it, but now it is impossible to calibrate the compass, it says strong magnetic interference and does not calibrate.
The problem that I have is that I bought my drone DJI Mavic Pro 12 days ago, in the US at B & H, but I live in Argentina, I do not know if there is any DJI representation here in Argentina, or how can I solve the problem, lamentably in 10 days I travel to Mexico and I wanted it use to film there.
What I can do?
2018-1-15
Use props
Magatsu
New
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Argentina

fans80e58d3e Posted at 2018-1-15 13:03
I had the same problem with the compass, I flew only 3 times without problems, the fourth time I wanted to do it, when I raised it straight up, it only started to go quickly to one side, it crashed with a tree, fell about 5 meters and broke the right back arm, repair it, but now it is impossible to calibrate the compass, it says strong magnetic interference and does not calibrate.
The problem that I have is that I bought my drone DJI Mavic Pro 12 days ago, in the US at B & H, but I live in Argentina, I do not know if there is any DJI representation here in Argentina, or how can I solve the problem, lamentably in 10 days I travel to Mexico and I wanted it use to film there.
What I can do?

same here, I'm also from Argentina, bought my Spark in Chile first  4 flights with no problem in Rio Gallegos Santa Cruz while on vacations, now I'm in Mendoza and it won't calibrate it keeps saying electromagnetic interference no matter where I try to calibrate, I'm incredibly sad
2018-1-15
Use props
Dani Censon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16175 ft
Brazil

djiuser_QLlAJBk Posted at 2018-1-9 09:30
Olá Jean, não consegui que a garantia cobrisse o conserto no Brazil. Vou enviar para os EUA através de um amigo que mora lá, enviar para o conserto. Veja neste outro forum a resposta da DJI https://forum.dji.com/thread-127277-1-1.html

Estou com o mesmo problema e não encontro a solução on line. Seu Mavic ja voltou dos USA? Conseguiu calibrar? Também comprei o meu nos Estados Unidos em dezembro/2017...
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_QLlAJBkPUkCz
Brazil

Dani Censon Posted at 2018-2-4 13:30
Estou com o mesmo problema e não encontro a solução on line. Seu Mavic ja voltou dos USA? Conseguiu calibrar? Também comprei o meu nos Estados Unidos em dezembro/2017...

Enviei para o Centro de Reparo da DJI através de um amigo que mora nos EUA e estava no Brasil, eles constataram o defeito de fabricação e de acordo com a informação no site arrumaram dentro da garantia sem cobrar nada. Como a DJI somente devolve o Mavic para um endereço dentro dos EUA, ele foi enviado para a casa deste conhecido meu. O problema é que se ele me enviar pelo correio quando chegar no Brasil a Receita Federal vai querer tributar, então estou aguardando algum conhecido viajar para os EUA para trazer de volta o Mavic. Teoricamente já consertaram mais ainda não consegui testar.
2018-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules