4701 8 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb75f3954
New
Flight distance : 705988 ft
  • >>>
Kyrgyzstan

Hello. Bought new phantom 4. Not even fly with it. When I turning on led lights on the left turns red and beeping. Right leds isnt working. Dji go says 1No.Esc error. 4No Esc error. What should I do? Is it warranty issue? Could Dji replace it?
IMG_3517.PNG
IMG_3518.PNG
2017-3-4
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

After restarting, I assume the error is still there?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-56217-1-1.html

DJI support says, after restarting 3 times you need to send it in.

I always recommend buying from Amazon, so when issues like this happen you can just return it and get a new one. Hopefully you can do that either way.
2017-3-4
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure the battery is properly charged and properly installed.

Sounds like a plug for one of the ESC boards wasn't plugged in properly and has fallen out, yes it is a warranty issue, taking it apart to check the connections is not easy and would probably invalidate the warranty.

If you are sending it in to be fixed, make sure they know it is brand new and has not been flown, otherwise you may get a refurbished one back which although it is not a problem it isn't fair when have bought a new one.
2017-3-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

You can't hear the full DJI chime when you are starting it either.. That shows that the esc's aren't working as well (it is in the safety manual to listen for the full chime).. You can only hear half the chime.. There are two boards inside the AC and each one has two esc's on it. My bet is a cable is disconnected from the flight controller - luckily it may have happened during shipping instead of while you were flying.
2017-3-4
Use props
bot_bot
New
  • >>>
Kyrgyzstan

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-3-4 07:41
After restarting, I assume the error is still there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ES0tQEqQ4

Exactly same issue, sir. I submitted request on dji.com. Hope they will replace it.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bot_bot Posted at 2017-3-5 09:15
Exactly same issue, sir. I submitted request on dji.com. Hope they will replace it.

Just to clarify, were you able to activate the unit or were you prompt to update any firmware? If you haven't crashed or dropped it, then it would be covered under warranty. If you just got it from a dealer, it would be faster to go to them for a replacement.
2017-3-5
Use props
bot_bot
New
  • >>>
Kyrgyzstan

I want to share with my experience about terrible return process to dji global.
        I bought brand new Phantom 4. From out of the box when I turned it on, I ve got 1NO.ESC ERROR/4NO.ESC ERROR. ESC status error. Because we don’t have dji official dealer in our country I emailed to dji on March 4.
        It took almost 3 days for them to open return case and send me instructions. I sent damaged drone to dji on March 13 and it was delivered to them on 23.03.
        Dji replied that they applied for a replacement for me, shipment will be arranged asap on 24.03. And no news since that time. I wrote on 31.03 to them saying what happened with my drone. On April 5 they replied «We were on an official holdiday, sorry for the inconvenience here.
Since our last communication, logistic team is working on CI&PL documents for your case. It's now pending to wait for custom issue. It may take some more days here.» Damn it is almost 10 days past since they received damaged drone.
        By the way I recommended them to ship to South Korea, I thought that shipping to Kazakhstan will took a long time. So here is their reply «It will be the same procedure if we ship it to South Korea. For your case, we have already sent the drone for inspection to ship to Kazakhstan, please kindly note.» Same day they updated tracking number and you know whaat?)) On April 10 they are writing to me with this message:
«We just informed by DHL that your country does not accept the unit due to battery limitations. We will need to re-send a unit to you as per their requirement.
You mentioned Korea before. If possible, may we have the address in Korea?»
        Okay send to Korea. On April 11 they updated with tracking number to South Korea. I ve got email from dji that my package contains mavic pro and spare battery for it. I returned Phantom 4 with official price of 1199$ and they are giving me mavic for 999$. The most weird thing to me I couldn’t keep in touch with them via email. So this package left China with mavic in it.
        On April 10th they replied: «I just check the system and found that we indeed send a Mavic but not a Phanotm 4. I'll check with logistic team to send you a right one.» I know it DJI, so why you didn’t reply to my mails earlier when this item was in China????
        I asked them to credit amount difference or send me accessories for 200$. They insisted to send it back to them, and for shipping cost they will credit with accessories. So my friends in Korea have to send it back, pay money for the shipping and they want to give me accessories for this money)))
        Ok, asked them to do id themselves.
        Here is their reply: «We will get the unit back with DHL and send you a normal Phantom 4 later.  Could you please inform your friend not to sign and receive the parcel? We will then send you a replacement of Phantom 4 instead.»
        Okay I said to my friends not to sign and receive the parcel. And you know what? Later they are emailing me to say my friends to receive this package. Due to custom issue, if the unit is rejected, it will get stuck in custom. Like DJI wants to play a game with their customers. Do this, don’t do this.
        Their last reply on April 18th: «I’ve got your point. As per your request, I've ask logistic team to take the unit back to us directly. You do not need to ask your friend to help with this case.»
        So I am trying to return my drone since 23.03 (date when they get damaged drone). I can’t see logic actions in their return process. Why don’t they respect customers time. I accepted magic but asked for 200$ difference or credit me with accessories. I though it will be cheaper for them and faster for me.
        Now I totally disappointed with this company. Totally didn’t want anybody to have a business with their return team. Thanks for your time!!!
2017-4-18
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

bot_bot Posted at 2017-4-18 03:52
I want to share with my experience about terrible return process to dji global.
        I bought brand new Phantom 4. From out of the box when I turned it on, I ve got 1NO.ESC ERROR/4NO.ESC ERROR. ESC status error. Because we don’t have dji official dealer in our country I emailed to dji on March 4.
        It took almost 3 days for them to open return case and send me instructions. I sent damaged drone to dji on March 13 and it was delivered to them on 23.03.

So how did this all turn out for you? Did you get a new Phantom 4 eventually from DJI?

I guess the lesson is - if no DJI dealer in your country, best to buy from another manufacturer who DOES have a dealer in your own country and forget about DJI - since they seem keen to forget about you?

I just bought a new Mavic Air from a dealer about 120 miles from home and they sorted a small issue with it very quickly and easily.  They're called "Heliguy" in the North of England.
2018-5-16
Use props
chzman_42MDP
lvl.2

I am having the same exact issue, brand new out of the box but I am getting errors on all four ESCs will keep original firmware but will not update to newer versions.

2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules