NFZ implementation in the new firmware
1361 8 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Hi,

I asked the support guys for clarification about "Updated No-Fly Zone Management" in new firmware 01.03.0418 and here is what I received this morning:

"This change is not available in US currently and the no-fly zones can be checked in below map.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

For Mavic Pro, please do not upgrade its firmware to V01.03.0500, Phantom4 Pro not to 01.03.0417 and Inspire2 not to 01.00.0240. Because these firmware do not support unlock Restricted Zones and need to wait for next firmware."

For those of you, who may be interested.
2017-3-9
Use props
Scott stuart
New

United States

New to this forum I'm looking for direction on opting out of no fly zone for an  authorized flight within an airport, current program has aircr
aft grounded
2017-3-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is its a relatively simple matter to opt out if you are outside a given range from the airport, and it's impossible to opt out if you're closer.  I believe the given range is 1.5 miles.  I agree it's frustrating when you have legal authorization to fly, but I don't think there is a work around - except of course to use an older pre-Go Phantom.  
2017-3-16
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-16 03:23
My understanding is its a relatively simple matter to opt out if you are outside a given range from the airport, and it's impossible to opt out if you're closer.  I believe the given range is 1.5 miles.  I agree it's frustrating when you have legal authorization to fly, but I don't think there is a work around - except of course to use an older pre-Go Phantom.

The work around is to contact DJI and request temporary NFZ suspension for your aircraft. Some people on this forum have successfully done it before.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-16 05:54
The work around is to contact DJI and request temporary NFZ suspension for your aircraft. Some people on this forum have successfully done it before.

There was a thread a couple weeks ago where the pilot could not get DJI to authorize his legal flight - and we concluded it was impossible due to the close proximity to the airport.  We concluded the only option was to block the GPS antenna.  So this is new information and good news.   

Can you provide us with a link to confirm your statement?  Thanks
2017-3-16
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-16 06:33
There was a thread a couple weeks ago where the pilot could not get DJI to authorize his legal flight - and we concluded it was impossible due to the close proximity to the airport.  We concluded the only option was to block the GPS antenna.  So this is new information and good news.   

Can you provide us with a link to confirm your statement?  Thanks

They changed the NFZ implementation in the firmware since then. Please search for the threads about NFZ temporary authorization.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-16 13:26
They changed the NFZ implementation in the firmware since then. Please search for the threads about NFZ temporary authorization.

I don't think you read my post thoroughly.  There's no question about temporary authorization.  It's been in place for around a couple years now, I think.  
2017-3-16
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-16 14:46
I don't think you read my post thoroughly.  There's no question about temporary authorization.  It's been in place for around a couple years now, I think.

Please refer to the following thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-88118-1-1.html
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-16 15:10
Please refer to the following thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-88118-1-1.html

What??????
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules