Gimbal Vibration/shaky footage.
2747 20 2017-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Perth Drone
lvl.2
Australia

Hi All

I have had my Phantom 4 Pro for almost a year now. It’s been going great but over the last few months I have noticed I am at times seeing a vibration in the recorded footage. The issue appears to be getting worse, however the issue is not always present, at times its fine.

It is particularly noticeable when panning up/down or flying backwards or when descending however I have seen it happen when flying straight and level. I have noticed that my Phantom 4 Pro doesn’t appear to descend smoothly, it almost flutters down.

I have tried the other set of props the Phantom 4 came with and a IMU Calibration/Gimbal Calibration but nothing changed.

Is there anything else I can do to try and fix the issue.

Thanks

PerthDrone
2017-10-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is the footage off the SD card affected by the vibration or only the live feed to the tablet
Does the AC rotate as it flutters down ?, maybe do a stick calibration as well
2017-10-21
Use props
Perth Drone
lvl.2
Australia

Its on the recorded footage on the SD card, It doesn't really rotate whilst descending just flutters from side to side. I will try a stick calibration as well.

Thanks
2017-10-21
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Can you send some footage of this happening
2017-10-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perth Drone Posted at 2017-10-21 19:19
Its on the recorded footage on the SD card, It doesn't really rotate whilst descending just flutters from side to side. I will try a stick calibration as well.

Thanks

Aloha Perth,

Your best clue may be that it has been a year since you started flying your bird.  Corrosion builds up with the connections.  Look at any available connections between the bird and the camera.  See if you can pull the connecction apart and reattach it.  I will be doing that now that you mention it with my P4 Pro.  It is getting to be that time.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-22
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Azerbaijan

Hi ...
I’m noted same kind of problem on my P4P ...
I just ask you to check your setting on camera set up ... I mean ... shutter and iso ...
Can you try , please to set manually ... shutter 800 or more and adjust acceptable iso ... record 1 minute (it’s not important if you are flying or you are somewhere on the ground with propeller off )
And then ... please ... you can try to record 1 more minute but with shutter set at less then 80...
please ... let me know something ...
I would like to know if your shaky video it’s present with height setting shutter value ...
if yes ... maybe I can have a simple solution ...
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, what's the current firmware of aircraft and controller? Could you post a short video from SD card? I'd like to help.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans33a9fa36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem with a spark:
2017-11-2
Use props
Perth Drone
lvl.2
Australia

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have uploaded a video straight from the SD card showing to vibration, please have a look at the city buildings in the video, you can see them vibrating.

I am running the latest firmware v01.02.02.00.

Thanks for your help.
2017-11-3
Use props
Perth Drone
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has any tips? Do you need any additional footage?

Thanks
2017-11-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Perth Drone Posted at 2017-11-9 07:56
Hi all

Wondering if anyone has any tips? Do you need any additional footage?

You may need to actually Reply to DJI Susan and supply the firmware settings from both the RC and the drone as well as the app version.
It is hard to tell from that video but there seems to be some vibration there.
2017-11-9
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

Did you solved this poblem? I have exact same problem and searching for a solution
2018-1-26
Use props
MakerDude
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

I had this same problem following a firmware update. It may have been coincidence. The problem slowly became worse until the gimbal would loudly buzz all the time.  I ended up sending it to DJI for repair and it required a new camera control board. It has been 100% since then.
2018-1-26
Use props
fansa7d5eaa6
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same problem since I updated the firmware version on my P4P +. I think that because I've seen, it comes from that update, my drone has 1 month, so I think it's firmware issue.

Do you know when the new update?

Thank you,
2018-1-27
Use props
Perth Drone
lvl.2
Australia

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2018-1-26 12:19
Did you solved this poblem? I have exact same problem and searching for a solution

I still haven't solved this issue, never heard back from DJI on the forums. I wonder if I was to replace the vibration mounts if it would solve this issue.
2018-2-9
Use props
fansa7d5eaa6
lvl.1
Spain

Hi People,

I explain my experience if I can help somebody:

1. The first I made, I calibrate the camera with the screen monitor patterns from dji assistant in my iMac

2. I bought a propeller balancer like this:

And now the video have not the Jello effect.

I hope this help you the issue.

Marc
2018-2-11
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

If your propellers are balanced then the problem is coming from your gimbal. IT VIBRATES! As simple as that! The gimbal vibration can be caused because of the gimbal rubber absorbers inside the shell which have lost their correct elasticity. What you need to do is just replace these gimbal vebration absorbers. Otherwise you will never fix the problem unless you return it to DJI.
2018-2-11
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5402064 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:33
Just to verify, what's the current firmware of aircraft and controller? Could you post a short video from SD card? I'd like to help.

Hi Susan, I am having the same issue, can you please help me also nickwall69@hotmail.com
I need urgently if possible please
2018-4-28
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5402064 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 02:33

Hi Susan, I am having the same issue, can you please help me also nickwall69@hotmail.com
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wallie78 Posted at 2018-4-28 22:01
Hi Susan, I am having the same issue, can you please help me also

I've read your new post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-146089-1-1.html
I'm sorry that there is no beta firmware for P4P for now. If the issue cannot be figured out by refreshing firmware, please send the unit in for diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-4
Use props
Nakulck
New
India

My phantom 4 pro is giving shaky footage i recently bought it and didnt got any crash and all calibration arqe done
2018-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules