I don't want to be patronized. Restrictions by DJI FW.
12Next >
2324 52 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

In china there are maybe some other rules of law like in the rest of the world.

Here in Germany for example, you can buy a car without any speed limit (you can drive that unlimited speed in some areas). The driver is responsible for the usage of his car.

Automotive companies can sell their products to everybody without any limitations. The government in the specific state create the rules (drivers license...). Not China and not DJI have the rights to do that.

Modern cars have some assistants and some of them can be switched on and off. That's what DJI should do.

It is impossible to sell a product that can fly 5000 m high and can fly a distance of 7000 m but not in reality, because DJI restricts more and more the possibilities of their products.

That's fraud.

2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed because people can't behave themselves.
2017-11-1
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i am totaly agree with you .... but they are afraid to loose the company if they are not make some rules and without this rules they cannot sell products in other countrys
2017-10-29
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-29 12:15
i am totaly agree with you .... but they are afraid to loose the company if they are not make some rules and without this rules they cannot sell products in other countrys

I think they will loose customers in the same way.
2017-10-29
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I fully agree.  But when you buy a commie product from a commie country, you can't expect to get the same freedoms that we enjoy elsewhere.  The final solution I fear is going to have to be developers in 1st world countries stepping up their game and developing "alternative" firmware that is more available to mainstream users.
2017-10-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

yep ... In Romania they stop sell product to people ... check this replay: we’re sorry to inform you that Romanian customers will no longer be able to place orders after November 30, 2017 to Romanian addresses due to issues with local laws and regulations. And at this moment we have no plans to re-launch the Romanian DJI Online Stor, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind understanding.

2017-10-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

so next Monday i will go to Germany (work travel) and i will buy from there some batteryes
2017-10-29
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-10-29
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-29 12:27
yep ... In Romania they stop sell product to people ... check this replay: we’re sorry to inform you that Romanian customers will no longer be able to place orders after November 30, 2017 to Romanian addresses due to issues with local laws and regulations. And at this moment we have no plans to re-launch the Romanian DJI Online Stor, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind understanding.

"local laws and regulations" is it true?
2017-10-29
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Tealk Posted at 2017-10-29 12:27

See this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116861-1-1.html
2017-10-29
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

The restrictions out of box are like an IQ test. If you can't figure out how to get around them, then you probably shouldn't be allowed to! I tell you what folks, I've met some really stupid people in my life, I mean we're talking people that make farm animals seem intelligent. Did you know there are actually people that drink tap water? It's true! Or what about the people that watch TV news and think its real? They actually believe it! Come on now, we are talking about some seriously brain dead folks there, am I right?
2017-10-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many years ago, I worked for a Chinese company for a short time. Their way of doing business and how they treated employees was horrible. They even sent me to Shenzhen China for a month to be 'indoctrinated' - that didn't go over well. The week after I got back to the good old USA, I told them where to go and what to do when they got there. After that experience, nothing DJI does surprises me.
2017-10-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I hear a lot of complaints, but surely you researched your purchases before buying them ?
You just didn't buy something and not check how it would work in you own country ?
2017-10-29
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-10-29 13:23
They even sent me to Shenzhen China for a month to be 'indoctrinated' - that didn't go over well.

Wow, that sounds like a good story.  Do tell!  Is that anything like Japanese "retraining" where they humiliate you for weeks at a time and make you clean toilets and spit-shine boots and stuff?

I often wonder how often DJI employees get beaten for innocent screwups.  Some of them probably deserve a good beating once in a while though.
2017-10-29
Use props
CalvinC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

Simply put, if dji doesn't impose some kinds of restriction on their products (drones).  Guess who will step in and do it for them. Our government will. You can be assure that it will be MUCH more robust than what it is now.
2017-10-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-29 15:32
Wow, that sounds like a good story.  Do tell!  Is that anything like Japanese "retraining" where they humiliate you for weeks at a time and make you clean toilets and spit-shine boots and stuff?

I often wonder how often DJI employees get beaten for innocent screwups.  Some of them probably deserve a good beating once in a while though.

Actual example - It's your wife and your wedding anniversary. You have a romantic dinner out planned. Your boss calls, he has decided at the last minute to go out and have a drink and can't find a baby sitter so he calls you to do it. Can you tell him no?
According to them, you have to cancel your plans and do as he asked - you can NEVER tell your boss no.
2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What have dji stopped you doing, yes it’s possible to fly as high as it is long, but you buy the aircraft knowing that height restriction is 500 metres and distance is restricted only by CE regulations.

You will then find that your own government has imposed any further restrictions on your flying, I think maybe if you want more freedom flying your first port of call should be your own government who have imposed one of the most restrictive set of droneflying rules in Europe.
2017-10-29
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

In my country, at first the official did not issue any regulation, but after many incidents in many countries regarding the accidents and restrict area violation now all drone owner must register themselves together with the drones in posession. I said once in the forum that DJI should not produce or sell any consumer drone that can go further than line of sight. For professional the buyer should obtain license to buy. This can limit serious problem that may happen from malfunctioning and unawareness.
2017-10-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-10-29 16:22
Actual example - It's your wife and your wedding anniversary. You have a romantic dinner out planned. Your boss calls, he has decided at the last minute to go out and have a drink and can't find a baby sitter so he calls you to do it. Can you tell him no?
According to them, you have to cancel your plans and do as he asked - you can NEVER tell your boss no.

To be honest what does this have to do with your drone ?
Apart from a different work ethic that different countries have I fail to see what this has to do with flying your drone around ?
2017-10-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-10-29
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-29 16:35
What have dji stopped you doing, yes it’s possible to fly as high as it is long, but you buy the aircraft knowing that height restriction is 500 metres and distance is restricted only by CE regulations.

You will then find that your own government has imposed any further restrictions on your flying, I think maybe if you want more freedom flying your first port of call should be your own government who have imposed one of the most restrictive set of droneflying rules in Europe.

My country height limit is 61m ... you guys are lucky you can fly above 100m
2017-10-29
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

romeotango Posted at 2017-10-29 19:34
My country height limit is 61m ... you guys are lucky you can fly above 100m

Forgot to mention, if you need to fly above 61m, you will need to apply for a permit with details of why you need to fly above 61m and all other necessary information.
2017-10-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Australia

There are other methods of getting around firmware restrictions if you know how to google a little, of course you risk voiding your warranty.
2017-10-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-29 12:37
"local laws and regulations" is it true?

nope, i heard/read nothing, nothing is thrue... dont know why they are doing this and they dont want to explain
2017-10-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-29 12:45
See this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116861-1-1.html

yep..i reply to my Romanian friend Zsolti and talk with him
2017-10-29
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

i think i will buy and old Phantom 1, and fly as long as i want with no other stupid restrictions except those imposed by my country
2017-10-29
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Flying the Mavic in the Netherlands I have no restrictions what so ever when I buy one. Using one, I have to obey national law and order. I don't feel and see any difference in buying a product from the USA, Germany or China.
2017-10-29
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Come on people. Individual countries, local areas, local governments are all making the rules, not DJI. To me all DJI is doing is helping us to be aware of what some of the regulations are, for the area where we are flying, They are trying to save us from ourselves. This is not any different then a law to wear you seat belt or drive the speed limit. It is to keep stupid people for doing stupid things that will hurt themselves but more importantly, could hurt others. If we would respect ourselves and those around us, then we wouldn't need rules, but how many of us really do that. If we all would fly safely, fly responsibly, fly respectfully, not violate another's privacy and space, respect nature, then there wouldn't be any need to rules. But Do we do that?......

I try to follow the rules and I feel many of us do. So the rules don't really impact my fun in flying.
2017-10-30
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I don't use it , but i found it on google
example

2017-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-10-29 19:11
The Chinese are very controlling people, lighten up dude.

That’s just a generalization I think Edward Snowden showed the world that the US were trying to control us all.
2017-10-30
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-30 01:54
Watch https://nolimitdronez.com
Latest version(1.2.1.0) features
  • Unlock grounded Bird

• Has anyone used this? Seems to good to be true!
    2017-10-30
    Use props
    DJI Susan
    Administrator

Apologize if the restriction bothers you. DJI followed the local regulation or rules all the time, just as we always mentioned, flight safety is top priority. The freedom is based on the existing regulations. Personally, I don't think everyone has been prepared well for the bad things which might happen every minute. Catastrophic damage to persons and/or sensitive equipment and should be avoided at all costs.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    GeorgMarvic
    lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-31 01:31
    Apologize if the restriction bothers you. DJI followed the local regulation or rules all the time, just as we always mentioned, flight safety is top priority. The freedom is based on the existing regulations. Personally, I don't think everyone has been prepared well for the bad things which might happen every minute. Catastrophic damage to persons and/or sensitive equipment and should be avoided at all costs.

Sorry but...

...I have bought the drone like DJI advertised it on DJI's homepage. The drone can fly up to a distance of 7000 meter. There is not mentioned any restriction (only the physical ones). It is ok to get a hint that the drone is out of border in this region, but I must be able easily confirm or ignore this warning. I am responsible for my actions and I am punished for my irresponsibility, not DJI.

I can not remember signing a contract that DJI can do anything with my property. Restrictions are against the specification and I have bought the drone because of the specification. If a device does not meet the specification it has defects an I can complain them, or return it.

Can DJI imagine to buy a Maserati with 400 HP and after the first maintenance the software restricts the power to 50 HP with a maximum speed of 110 km/h and Maserati argues, "safety is top priority". THAT'S RIDICULOUS.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    DRONE-flies-YOU
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1450594 ft
    United States

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 09:45
    Sorry but...

...I have bought the drone like DJI advertised it on DJI's homepage. The drone can fly up to a distance of 7000 meter. There is not mentioned any restriction (only the physical ones). It is ok to get a hint that the drone is out of border in this region, but I must be able easily confirm or ignore this warning. I am responsible for my actions and I am punished for my irresponsibility, not DJI.

I couldn't imagine blowing money on a POS Maserati.  This is why you don't see that garbage on the streets here.  But in the USA, vehicles ARE limited (even your German ones).  Easy to get around these things, just like this Chinese drone.

Also, we're all waiting for a super sophisticated German drone.  I'm being serious here.  It needs to come out of a 1st world country that isn't Communist.  I love my German cars, so I could just imagine the drone "you guys" could make.  
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    GeorgMarvic
    lvl.1

Germany

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-31 09:57
    I couldn't imagine blowing money on a POS Maserati.  This is why you don't see that garbage on the streets here.  But in the USA, vehicles ARE limited (even your German ones).  Easy to get around these things, just like this Chinese drone.

Also, we're all waiting for a super sophisticated German drone.  I'm being serious here.  It needs to come out of a 1st world country that isn't Communist.  I love my German cars, so I could just imagine the drone "you guys" could make.

>>> But in the USA, vehicles ARE limited <<<
    I think you know it when you buy it.

>>> (even your German ones) <<<
    It's a question of money. The automotive company's have a self restriction for max. speed 250 km/h.

>>>Also, we're all waiting for a super sophisticated German drone.<<<
    Please don't get me wrong, but the Mavic Pro is really not bad, if everything would work. At the moment I can't fly my drone because it has an unresolved software bug. If you are bored you can have a look at my thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-115353-1-1.html
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 09:45
    Sorry but...

You need to explain what restrictions have been imposed on your aircraft and which were not advertised otherwise your just shooting off your mouth.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    GeorgMarvic
    lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-31 11:12
    You need to explain what restrictions have been imposed on your aircraft and which were not advertised otherwise your just shooting off your mouth.

On my last flights I could not fly over a height of 30m and the beginner mode was off. I had also no local maps. Before I was up to 100m.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    • >>>
    Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 11:39
    On my last flights I could not fly over a height of 30m and the beginner mode was off. I had also no local maps. Before I was up to 100m.

That’s because you need to log into your dji account restriction will be lifted.if that’s extent of your problems it’s not very much.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    Mikedefieslife
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 6627 ft
    Greece

Which is daft, as what about those who want to fly drones where they have no or poor internet access?
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    GeorgMarvic
    lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-31 11:52
    That’s because you need to log into your dji account restriction will be lifted.if that’s extent of your problems it’s not very much.

>>if that's extent of your problems it's not very much.<<<<
    I think flying is the main benefit of a drone and if it can fly 100 or 1000 meters high, then the Mavic should fly it without permission from DJI.

On 2007/09/20 were my last flights. I could only fly up to 30 meters. They were short flights and I couldn't do any more tests because of the weather. Before that I was even more than 100 meters high without any problems. Why?
    Since then I had no chance to fly with the Mavic, because it is now defective (see other message).
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    randy.sauder
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 872572 ft
    Canada

Agreed.  If they do not listen to their customers and make their drones too restrictive, people will stop buying their product.  Until their is a good alternative to DJI, we are stuck with their product.  Be thankful that DJI's product is for the most part, the best in the market.  As soon as a better product is out, with less restrictive software, I'm all in.  I believe DJI has the right strategy with some restrictions in order to demo to the regulatory authorities world-wide that they have solutions to issues wrt safety.  However, they have gone TOO FAR in imposing certain things; akin to taking the position of 'policing the use' of their product.  This is not acceptable.
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    12Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules