DJI steals VAT from business clients!
1322 7 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DKIbvTh
New

Italy

We bought the Inspire 2 with all the accessories for the total of 7200 euro, of which 1300 is VAT. The invoice is from DJI Europe BV, a Dutch company, but it has Italian VAT (22%). According to EU legislation all B2B invoices within the EU must reverse charge VAT. This means a Dutch company has no business receiving money for Italian VAT. DJI has an Italian tax id, but without a local office they still can't charge VAT. The Italian tax authorities will not permit VAT recovery on invoices that are incorrect.

The customer service is absolutely pitiful. They either don't understand or don't care that they're committing fraud.

In other words: DJI stole 1300 euro from us.

Has anyone managed to solve a similar problem?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that we fails to get your order number by your Forum account, may I have the order number so that we are able to check more details for better support? Thank you.
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_DKIbvTh
New

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-28 03:05
Sorry that we fails to get your case number by your Forum account, may I have the case number so that we are able to check more details for better support? Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.
The order number is 0390878892518.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_DKIbvTh Posted at 2017-11-29 02:05
Thanks for the reply.
The order number is 0390878892518.

Sorry for the late update, this is a known issue, and we are now confirming it with the related department, will update here when we hear from them. Sorry for the trouble that have been caused, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_DKIbvTh
New

Italy

Thanks, we've finally managed to resolve the situation with customer support.
Word of caution to everyone: make sure you check the invoices against your country's regulations as soon as possible and inform DJIof any discrepancies.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DKIbvTh Posted at 2017-12-6 02:23
Thanks, we've finally managed to resolve the situation with customer support.
Word of caution to everyone: make sure you check the invoices against your country's regulations as soon as possible and inform DJIof any discrepancies.

Glad to know the problem got sorted out.
We sincerely apologize again for the trouble caused.
For other users, you are welcome to contact our customer service if there is any problem.
2017-12-6
Use props
gmilanesiagnoli
lvl.1

Italy

What about VAT-free for tourists in Europe? It is under EU legislation that tourists must get the VAT discount as long as they show proof they don't live in Europe (sending passport copies).

I am considering buying a drone but I would like to take advantage of this during my European holidays. Customer support and eu.vat@dji.com have not been particularly supportive in this matter as the first didn't understand what I was talking about and the latter is not even replying to my emails.

Not offering this would be illegal and can be reported to tax authorities.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gmilanesiagnoli Posted at 2018-9-26 03:53
What about VAT-free for tourists in Europe? It is under EU legislation that tourists must get the VAT discount as long as they show proof they don't live in Europe (sending passport copies).

I am considering buying a drone but I would like to take advantage of this during my European holidays. Customer support and  have not been particularly supportive in this matter as the first didn't understand what I was talking about and the latter is not even replying to my emails.

Hi there, we have replied your post in another thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-162927-1-1.html, please keep us updated in one thread so that we can keep following up, thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules