Court
903 13 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garstar57
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone thought about taking DJI to court for screwing up their drones?

2017-12-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, many times. Try it, and see how far you get with a Chinese company.....
2017-12-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL....Don't waste your time and money.  Not even an ambulance chaser would take that one on.
2017-12-15
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Yes give it a go and let us know how you get along
2017-12-15
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your going to need a lot of:

2017-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You might be better off working out whether DJI really screwed up your drone.
Since so many other people are happily flying theirs with no problem, it might be difficult to prove that your issue has anything to do with DJI.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Hmmm,   and auto recalls affect all of one model year?    I just recevied three recall notices.   specific mondels, years, and serial number range.  One shouldn't be so quick to assume this issue is with the end user.  
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Garstar. Please tell me the problem you encounter with our drone, we are willing to help.
2017-12-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha garstar,

There is some good advice in the posts responding to your thread.  But, no one seems to have mentioned that you and all DJI enthusiasts have already agreed to binding arbitration with DJI to resolve your problems.  Kind of hard to go to court until after you have tried the binding arbitration offered.

Under the circumstances, it would seem that you would be well advised to take Elektra up on her offer to help with whatever problem you seem to have.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Garstar, we have replied you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-124032-1-1.html Please refer my suggestion and confirm the troubleshooting steps, we'd like to help. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-16
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Suggest you do yourself and the forum a favor...if you are going to throw a bomb like this, then show up to the fight with some specifics.  As you likely already know the forum is full of folks with problems and difficulties.  Some are self inflicted, some are DJI error/design/substandard parts, and many are just good old fashioned mistakes that no one is really at fault.  
This means you can't confuse the stuff you read here as being any indication of the whole picture and that it will fit neatly in your paradigm of the problem.  Either way, if you have a case to make you will never do it this way and as mentioned you are dealing with a foreign corporation that is just about an island amongst many considering where it's at...darn difficult to get at
2017-12-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-16 20:12
Suggest you do yourself and the forum a favor...if you are going to throw a bomb like this, then show up to the fight with some specifics.  As you likely already know the forum is full of folks with problems and difficulties.  Some are self inflicted, some are DJI error/design/substandard parts, and many are just good old fashioned mistakes that no one is really at fault.  
This means you can't confuse the stuff you read here as being any indication of the whole picture and that it will fit neatly in your paradigm of the problem.  Either way, if you have a case to make you will never do it this way and as mentioned you are dealing with a foreign corporation that is just about an island amongst many considering where it's at...darn difficult to get at

Aloha Genghis,

That is quite a nice summary of his situation.  One of the better ones I have seen, I must say.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-16
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-16 23:12
Aloha Genghis,

That is quite a nice summary of his situation.  One of the better ones I have seen, I must say.

Aloha Cetacean
Thanks, every now and again I have some moments of clarity that I'm actually able to capture and put on paper/screen...
2017-12-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No, that would be stupid since they can screw up their drones as much as they like. Screwing up my drone it's a different story, but I can't see a single example of such, provable beyond any doubt.
Anyway, what are we talking about in particular ?   
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules