Offline maps with samsung note 4 android
1300 11 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_b5FbiEH
lvl.2
United States

DJI GO 4 does not show the option for offline maps with this samsung note 4 android
PLEASE need help
Thanks

2018-1-4
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Offline Map feature is not available in some versions of DJI GO (like DJI GO 4.1.18). If you're using a version of DJI GO that does not include the Offline Map feature, then install an older version of DJI GO (like DJI GO 4.1.15), cache the maps with the Offline Map feature, and then reinstall the newer version of DJI GO you were previously using. If you know you're using a version of DJI GO that includes this feature and it's not displaying in the menu shown in the above screenshot, then try restarting DJI GO.

2018-1-4
Use props
lelie21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126867 ft
Switzerland

Why remove offline map feature? (Still referenced into tutorial)
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, as the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_b5FbiEH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 00:21
Hi there, as the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.

How download maps if i need it. Advise me pls
Thanks
2018-1-11
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 00:21

All the more reason to go back to Google Maps!
2018-1-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forrestjim found the solution

https://forum.dji.com/thread-129785-1-1.html
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_b5FbiEH Posted at 2018-1-11 06:10
How download maps if i need it. Advise me pls
Thanks

May I know if you are using the iOS or Android system? Basically, both iOS and Android doesn't support downloading maps.
But you can try to cache the map online first: when there is an internet access, go to DJI GO/4 app, navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again. Hope it helps.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-11 06:47
All the more reason to go back to Google Maps!

Will forward to our engineers. Thanks.
2018-1-19
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 01:38
Will forward to our engineers. Thanks.

Thank you, Thor.  Although the HERE maps seem to have improved (or maybe I've just stop looking at them), there have been numerous problems pre-caching them and of course the server issues.
2018-1-19
Use props
BRIDEL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 01:14
May I know if you are using the iOS or Android system? Basically, both iOS and Android doesn't support downloading maps.
But you can try to cache the map online first: when there is an internet access, go to DJI GO/4 app, navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again. Hope it helps.

Thanks , I decided to buy the crystalsky . I think it was good choice to do so.  I was able to download some America regions and then i decided to update the DJI GO to DJI GO 4 and the maps option still there BUT did no show USA maps options. There was only China maps options WHY ??? this worry me
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BRIDEL Posted at 2018-1-22 11:01
Thanks , I decided to buy the crystalsky . I think it was good choice to do so.  I was able to download some America regions and then i decided to update the DJI GO to DJI GO 4 and the maps option still there BUT did no show USA maps options. There was only China maps options WHY ??? this worry me

The new apps had removed offline map due to the unstable service of Here Map. You can see the China offline map is because China doesn't apply Here Map, so the option is not cancelled. No worries.
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules