Front LED lights
2785 17 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

Tried to post to old string but couldn’t. Trying to keep front led lights lit while recording. Instructions were to go to advanced settings... have been using v.20 on iPad mini; went into control and there is no advanced setting. Downloaded v.22 still no advanced settings. Any guidance?
Thanks
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

I have been comparing Go 4 v.22 on phone to v.22 on iPad mini4. A fair number of differences in the flight menus. Came to realization that mini4 is NON cellular. Would this account for differences? This is probably a very basic questions for folks more computer literate so I am prepared to endure some scoffing along with answer
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The front LED lights switch off automatically during recording or taking pictures in order to not interfere with the footage taken by the camera. It's not a bug, it's a feature! :-)
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't need cellular to operate the drone - there are some restrictions but thats off topic - this function works with WiFi only.
As I advised under the Mavic section 2 minutes ago - Connect your device to the RC and turn on the RC and launch DJI GO 4 to the home page (with the picture of the Mavic on it). It should say 'RC connected' in the bottom left. Then turn on the drone (if doing this indoors take off the props first). RC connected will change to connected, the FW will be checked. Then tap enter device to take you to the main camera screen. Top right of the screen are 3 horizontal dots - tap that. On the left hand side is a column of icons. Tap the top one that looks like a quad - this lists your main controller settings. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see Advanced settings - tap that. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see 'Turn on Head LED's'. Tap that and your front LED's will remain on whilst recording video and taking stills.
Wachtberger - he wants to keep them on deliberately to orientate the AC whilst learning to fly.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-5 13:18
The front LED lights switch off automatically during recording or taking pictures in order to not interfere with the footage taken by the camera. It's not a bug, it's a feature! :-)

Thank you Sir.  Appreciate the guidance
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 13:50
Thank you Sir.  Appreciate the guidance

You are most welcome, but please don't call me "Sir". We are all co-pilots here, a great community who try to help each other. :-)
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 13:32
You don't need cellular to operate the drone - there are some restrictions but thats off topic - this function works with WiFi only.
As I advised under the Mavic section 2 minutes ago - Connect your device to the RC and turn on the RC and launch DJI GO 4 to the home page (with the picture of the Mavic on it). It should say 'RC connected' in the bottom left. Then turn on the drone (if doing this indoors take off the props first). RC connected will change to connected, the FW will be checked. Then tap enter device to take you to the main camera screen. Top right of the screen are 3 horizontal dots - tap that. On the left hand side is a column of icons. Tap the top one that looks like a quad - this lists your main controller settings. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see Advanced settings - tap that. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see 'Turn on Head LED's'. Tap that and your front LED's will remain on whilst recording video and taking stills.
Wachtberger - he wants to keep them on deliberately to orientate the AC whilst learning to fly.

Ok, just this option is not available for Spark as far as I can see. Have just checked it again with mine.
Edit: And this appears to me being wise because the front LEDs of Spark are significantly closer to the camera than on any other DJI vessel.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-5 14:31
Ok, just this option is not available for Spark as far as I can see. Have just checked it again with mine.

This has brought to my attention a different problem. I have Go 4 v.22 loaded on phone and iPad mini4. On phone I have an “advanced setting” tab under Main Controller Settings.   On iPad mini4 that tab is not there
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 15:05
This has brought to my attention a different problem. I have Go 4 v.22 loaded on phone and iPad mini4. On phone I have an “advanced setting” tab under Main Controller Settings.   On iPad mini4 that tab is not there

Unfortunately on this question others will have to step in since I have no experience with iOS devices. On all my Android devices (phone, tablet and CrystalSky) I have this tab.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Wachtberger - I couldn’t remember if it was on the Spark. Makes sense as the LED’s on the Spark are directly under the motors.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 15:31
Thanks Wachtberger - I couldn’t remember if it was on the Spark. Makes sense as the LED’s on the Spark are directly under the motors.

Ok getting more complicated; I reloaded Go4 v.22 on iPad mini.  This restored the “advanced setting” tab. I connected RC and AC in usual sequence.  Brought Go 4 back up.  Advanced setting tab gone. Tried same with phone.  After connecting RC and AC advanced setting tab disappeared.  I only connected Spark, but tab disappeared in Mavic screen also
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 15:38
Ok getting more complicated; I reloaded Go4 v.22 on iPad mini.  This restored the “advanced setting” tab. I connected RC and AC in usual sequence.  Brought Go 4 back up.  Advanced setting tab gone. Tried same with phone.  After connecting RC and AC advanced setting tab disappeared.  I only connected Spark, but tab disappeared in Mavic screen also

In “General Settings” and “Main Controller Settings” the sidebar HD tab is also gone
2018-1-5
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-5 13:18

Wachtberger - So, say you are LOS 200 yards away or so and you are trying to visually determine AC orientation - you may want to stop recording so that the red LEDs are on - is that right? May need to do that if you go into ATTI.

Yes I know there are other ways to determine orientation (red arrow direction on map if you have GPS, FPV view, "radar" icon on map, etc.)
2018-1-6
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

In most daylight outdoor scenarios the LED Lights should not interfere with the taken footage at all.
I hope DJI will give us the option to keep the LEDs lit while capturing video, like they do on the mavic.
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

marlowe Posted at 2018-1-6 12:33
Wachtberger - So, say you are LOS 200 yards away or so and you are trying to visually determine AC orientation - you may want to stop recording so that the red LEDs are on - is that right? May need to do that if you go into ATTI.

Yes I know there are other ways to determine orientation (red arrow direction on map if you have GPS, FPV view, "radar" icon on map, etc.)

Yes, if you wish to have all lights working stop recording for that purpose. You can always run a screenrecorder on your mobile device in parallel for documentation purposes.
2018-1-6
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-6 13:03
Yes, if you wish to have all lights working stop recording for that purpose. You can always run a screenrecorder on your mobile device in parallel for documentation purposes.

Thanks much. Hopefully the screen recorder running will not adversely affect DJI GO 4 running on my Android 7.0 phone
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

marlowe Posted at 2018-1-6 14:07
Thanks much. Hopefully the screen recorder running will not adversely affect DJI GO 4 running on my Android 7.0 phone

You are welcome! I am using the one just called Screen Recorder (Ad free). App Icon on Playstore is a blue dot with a camera symbol. Works very well for me.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 15:38
Ok getting more complicated; I reloaded Go4 v.22 on iPad mini.  This restored the “advanced setting” tab. I connected RC and AC in usual sequence.  Brought Go 4 back up.  Advanced setting tab gone. Tried same with phone.  After connecting RC and AC advanced setting tab disappeared.  I only connected Spark, but tab disappeared in Mavic screen also

Hi Pepper, just as I mentioned in this post(https://forum.dji.com/thread-127947-1-1.html), you may see some different options in APP if it has connected other drones before, it is normal. Power on the drone, you will get the actual interface.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules