what's the cheapest tablet I can use to run the spark?
2939 13 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JVDJISPARK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13415 ft
United States

good afternoon guys I have a big question.
what's the cheapest tablet I can use to run the spark? I need any suggestions. thanks or what kind a tablet are you using? Thanks
2018-1-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Make sure it's got a bright display, no matter w
2018-1-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

dansmar Posted at 2018-1-7 14:29
Make sure it's got a bright display, no matter w

Sorry got cut off

Make sure you ge a Bright display no matter what you choose
2018-1-7
Use props
JVDJISPARK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13415 ft
United States

any suggestion!!!!
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Here is the recommended list, you can take it as reference:
app spark.JPG
2018-1-8
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

OP i looked at doing a fire HD 8 to run mine on.  However you'd have to side load the app as its not in the amazon store.  I have a fire HD 10 that runs really well with the play store side loaded.. I can install just like normal and get my updates and all.

my only concern was the lack of gps... does the spark use ITS GPS as its control or does it rely on the devices GPS?
2018-1-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I'd recommend an IOS based device like the iPad Mini.  Can't go wrong and works like a charm without any connection issues.
2018-1-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-1-8 12:07
I'd recommend an IOS based device like the iPad Mini.  Can't go wrong and works like a charm without any connection issues.

I agree with you, Sparky_17 -  I use a iPad Mini 4 (128GB) and it is working in the spark grips just fine, No added Holder needed. No OTG cable works with WiFi, With the New Firmware and a Apple HDMI to Lightening adapter you can also view on the DJI Goggles and the iPad at the same time, Brilliant.
To view the details and photos goto the forum / spark Accessories(Now Solved) DJI Goggles to Spark  and then post #28

bye
davawt

2018-1-8
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

The OP asked for the CHEAPEST tablet. I don't think iPads are the cheapest solution.
2018-1-8
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

_pk Posted at 2018-1-8 12:34
The OP asked for the CHEAPEST tablet. I don't think iPads are the cheapest solution.

No Not the cheapest, but as most have found they are the Solution with DJI Drones.
I switched to IOS stuff just after finding problems with Samsung Android tablets and phones when connected to DJI drones.
The IOS just work for me and I think a lot of people are now using IOS stuff with DJI for that reason.
bye
davawt
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

I just use my iPhone 6s
2018-1-8
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

There are Android devices that work without issues. Never had a problem with my HTC One M8 for example. Haven't tried with my Android tablet mostly because it's too big/awkward at 10.1".
2018-1-8
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I picked up a Samsung Tab A 7, it can be held by the controller, and it was about $120 USD.
2018-1-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For IOS that will be the iPad Mini 2 (WiFi only) but due to the size of the controller I prefer my iPhone 7+ as it's also much easier to carry and keeps everything more portable. If you really want the best tablet sized display for the Spark then the iPad Mini 4 with cellular is probably the best you'll get as things currently stand - but obviously not the cheapest. As for Android, I can't answer that as only use Apple products. I'm sure there are far cheaper Android tablets but as others have pointed out you may experience more issues such as screen glitches and signal disconnects to the live feed etc.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules