Jelly efect strong on video record/Fuerte Efecto jelly
737 15 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

I write from Spain I have a new Phantom 4 pro, I have only flown two days, but I have been able to record 5 or 6 videos. In all I have Jelly effect, I have calibrated the IMU, I have updated to the latest version of Firmware, when trying to calibrate the gimbal does not pass 50%. I need your help
2018-3-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Can you please upload a short video showing this jelly effect
2018-3-17
Use props
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Might be your props are unbalanced. You got two sets, so swap some around.

Also they're not symmetrical. There is a position on the hub that allows them to align perfectly with the props either side so the tips are at the same height.

If you turn a prop and one tip is lower compared to its neighbour's tip and the other is higher, then take it off and rotate it to a different position (there are 3 ways you can fit it) on the motor and reattach it.

When you find out where all your props go, go buy a silver marker pen and put a dot on the top of either the front or rear props so you know to only fit them on those motors. Then put two more dots: one on the side of the prop hub and one on the top of the motor that lines up with it; so you'll know which of the 3 positions a prop can be fitted on the motors is the correct one for level props.

I'm suggesting a silver pen because I have an Obsidian and everything is Black. If you have a white Phantom 4 Pro, then a black marker pen will work fine.
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Bartiflier Publicado el 2018-3-17 14:57 Puede
ser que sus accesorios estén desequilibrados. Tienes dos juegos, así que intercambia algunos.

Además, no son simétricos. Hay una posición en el centro que les permite alinearse perfectamente con los accesorios a cada lado para que las puntas estén a la misma altura.

You're right... The propellers are unbalanced The propellers do not match when they are paired. I have tried several positions and on one side if they are up to the task, but on the other ... Anyway, I still think there is a problem in the gimbal, it does not let you calibrate it. Thank you I will comment, but it does not smell good ....

2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

+

The auto calibration of the gimbal does not advance of 50%
2018-3-17
Use props
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Oops, missed that bit. Looks like a problem gimbal. Any weird or loud buzzing noises if you tilt the aircraft to extreme angles like you do during an IMU calibration?

Try the alternative gimbal balance method, where you balance the aircraft on the back arms/motors (take props off) so the gimbal points upwards. It will level itself to point forward, then calibrate. If that works, do it again on a flat surface as usual.

If that doesn't work: send it in, sounds bad.
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Bartiflier Posted at 2018-3-17 15:57
Oops, missed that bit. Looks like a problem gimbal. Any weird or loud buzzing noises if you tilt the aircraft to extreme angles like you do during an IMU calibration?

Try the alternative gimbal balance method, where you balance the aircraft on the back arms/motors (take props off) so the gimbal points upwards. It will level itself to point forward, then calibrate. If that works, do it again on a flat surface as usual.

I just did that and it does not work.
P.S. Yes, it sounds bad ... Phantom 3 Pro is different, but it does not do these horrible things
2018-3-17
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Do u hear vibrate loud? Have u try downgrade firmware and test again?
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-3-17 17:05
Do u hear vibrate loud? Have u try downgrade firmware and test again?

yes friend.... (with Dji assistant)

I'm pretty upset,
But at the same time with the tranquility and pleasantly surprised by your answers.
Above all, for the speed of your answers and the humanity shown.
My Obsidian, is going back to the store, soon I will be with you again.
You have a friend in Spain.
Greetings to the whole community
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

A question...
How long does it take to self-calibrate the gimbal?
2018-3-17
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Developer_Mode Posted at 2018-3-17 17:28
A question...
How long does it take to self-calibrate the gimbal?

Most like i do calibrate the gimbal complete at least 1 minutes only
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-3-17 17:41
Most like i do calibrate the gimbal complete at least 1 minutes only

Then the water clearer ...

my gimbal have one problem..

One million of thanks
2018-3-17
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116651-1-1.html

I think you need to ask DJI to give you beta to fix your gimbal stuck 50%

2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide us the faulty original video for further check. You can upload to dropbox or google for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-18
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Hello friends!

Finally
the store has returned the money,
I think I'm going to sell the two extra batteries I had bought, because I do not trust the P4P, i do not want more problems
2018-3-21
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Hello friends!!  I'm back

I'm going to give P4P a new opportunity

I brought a new P4P Obsidian and I hope to have more luck

A big greeting to all
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced