Why report it to DJI?
1281 13 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft

Why does DJI Electra insist on telling everyone who has a lost drone to report it to Dji when their policy is that you have to have your drone in order to qualify for lost drone protection? Normally, she doesn't even read the origional post anyway, what is her purpose here?
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Sorry that if I misunderstood or missed any info in users' thread. Reporting the flyaway issue, users can get more instruction with our support, like finding the drone. If users have doubt in their flyaway case, we would recommend users provide their flight records for data analysis and users can know the reason of the accident. If we confirmed it is not caused by pilot's error, the case will be covered by warranty. Any doubt, please continue to update here. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

They are likely looking for failures from the components that give specific results in the log.  Internal failures on new drones that aren't related to external events (magnetic or GPS interferrence, water, trees).
2018-4-7
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

in some cases, when proper records are submitted and analyzed, replacements are made even without the return of the AC. i have found through direct experience and that of others that DJI does deliver good service.
2018-4-7
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-7 03:55
If we confirmed it is not caused by pilot's error, the case will be covered by warranty.

So if someone tells you they've been flying fine for 6 months and then their drone flies away, you are suggesting it might be covered by warranty...but you don't have a 6 month warranty.  As I said, you don't read the comments you reply to  and generally they are not eligible for replacement when you tell people this.  Maybe because it gets their hopes up and sounds better than telling them they are screwed (the truth)?
2018-4-7
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-7 07:22
i have found through direct experience and that of others that DJI does deliver good service.

You must not read the comments either.  Why am I still waiting over a year for a resolution if their service is so great?
2018-4-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madwand Posted at 2018-4-7 11:02
You must not read the comments either.  Why am I still waiting over a year for a resolution if their service is so great?

I have no reason to doubt the forum administer's reply.  There are may posts herein that speak of solutions that have been reached.  Many others you don't hear of because they aren't involved in the forum, instead went directly to online Chat through the support center, or other non-forum support.  

If you have been waiting a as long as you claim you should provide your Case # so that DJI Elektra, Susan, Diana, or Thor can check into it.  I know they do...I've had two cases and one question where they've helped.

BTW, I see that you only have the Spark icon with your Avatar.  The Spark has only been out for about 9-10 months.  If your problem is over a year, it must be with another aircraft.  Perhaps you should check into one of the other forums.
2018-4-7
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-7 14:21
I have no reason to doubt the forum administer's reply.  There are may posts herein that speak of solutions that have been reached.  Many others you don't hear of because they aren't involved in the forum, instead went directly to online Chat through the support center, or other non-forum support.  

If you have been waiting a as long as you claim you should provide your Case # so that DJI Elektra, Susan, Diana, or Thor can check into it.  I know they do...I've had two cases and one question where they've helped.

I was guessing at a year.  It was last August.  So it's only been 8 months.  There are pages and pages of attempts to get answers from them.  They finally just stopped replying because they could not explain themselves.  Must've made her curious because she just responded to an unrelated post of mine from February...ironically, a post about her not reading the messages.
2018-4-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Madwand Posted at 2018-4-7 14:39
I was guessing at a year.  It was last August.  So it's only been 8 months.  There are pages and pages of attempts to get answers from them.  They finally just stopped replying because they could not explain themselves.

Did you file an official Case?  I filed mine through the online Chat, at the recommencation of the Chat host, although there is direct process to file.  FWIW, if it goes more than a week without a reply, I wouldn't depend on this forum for a company answer.  When you file a Case you'll get specific questions and they will ask for details in various formats depending on the problem/perceived problem.
2018-4-7
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Yes, I did.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Madwand Posted at 2018-4-7 14:39
I was guessing at a year.  It was last August.  So it's only been 8 months.  There are pages and pages of attempts to get answers from them.  They finally just stopped replying because they could not explain themselves.  Must've made her curious because she just responded to an unrelated post of mine from February...ironically, a post about her not reading the messages.

You mentioned this case CAS-1060303-J2F0H0, right? From your previous thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-111108-2-1.html, we post the details of the data analysis and the case showed that you accepted it and paid for the bill. Sorry again for the wrong info in the invoice. But what Thor's reply meant that she forwarded the mistake to our designated department to avoid same mistake. I would recommend you click the "reply" so that it will show in reminder and we can follow your case easier.
2018-4-9
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4

I had no choice but to pay, regardless of what the reason was, but you constantly provided me with case details from someone else's data.  You acknowledge that multiple times, yet you still have not provided me with accurate details.  What good is it gonna do to reply to something I've asked dozens of times?
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Madwand Posted at 2018-4-9 04:14
I had no choice but to pay, regardless of what the reason was, but you constantly provided me with case details from someone else's data.  You acknowledge that multiple times, yet you still have not provided me with accurate details.  What good is it gonna do to reply to something I've asked dozens of times?

Please read Thor's reply again, she follow your case and post the right data analysis. And you accepted that. Since the data analysis showed that it was pilot's error, you needed to pay for the defective part. The invoice contains the defective part you can check again. If there is anything wrong in your spark, please let us know.
2018-4-9
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4

Once again, you don't read.  Read the last thing in red. I had no impact at 144m in the air.  Been saying that since the first day, you been repeating it ever since.  Nothing has changed.
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules