Return period on DJI Phantom?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Is there a return period on the DJI Phantom 3 when purchasing directly from DJI.com?
I'm tempted to return it and purchase the Inspire One... if they had a return period. Other wise I guess I'll just keep the Phantom 3.

Side note, they need some drone trade in program, where we can trade in old drones for credit to upgrade towards new ones. :p
2015-5-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

sell eBay or rc forum get most money back there more demand then supply at the moment.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is my understanding that it is 7 days.  However, we have extended that to 7 days from the release of the iOS App giving users a chance to fly the craft.
2015-5-8
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

Germany

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 03:09
It is my understanding that it is 7 days.  However, we have extended that to 7 days from the release ...

I did it with a PH2. Got from the DJI online store andI return it to DJI.
But the policy is that you can send back within 7 days if you don't have use it (box not open).

Cheers
MN
2015-5-8
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 03:09
It is my understanding that it is 7 days.  However, we have extended that to 7 days from the release ...

Thanks for the information. I had an issue I discovered on the weekend, my Phantom 3 controller will not charge at all (its at 18% now). I sent a ticket to US DJI, they were unaware of the extended return policy. If the extended return policy is in effect, due to all the bugs and issues at launch, and especially my issue with the controller not charging, do you know if it would be likely I could just go the refund route then I could purchase an Inspire One? Only asking because they told me it looks like a 10 day turn around time (after they receive my shipment) and I have some projects coming up.

Thanks Tahoe_Ed in advanced.
2015-5-11
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

I just want to point out that not all Phantom 3 drones are having problems:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-14784-1-1.html

Just because a few people have experienced a QC issue does not mean the entire product is a fail.  I am sure DJI will make good on units with warranty issues.  (If you decide to go that route.)
2015-5-11
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-12 04:21
I just want to point out that not all Phantom 3 drones are having problems:  http://forum.dji.com/th ...

Agreed, not all are experiencing issues, however, I have read of a lot of people experiencing issues, myself included. If the turn around time was quicker I'd be happy, but 10 days plus shipping time both ways and I'm assuming some diagnosis period they need to complete before issuing a refund/replacement makes me think it is going be a month long process

At least the three times I flew it around the park were fun on the first charge lol. Damn charger issues Haha.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules