HDR or AEB
908 4 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djilover10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63225 ft
United States

Hi guys. I have a question. I am thinking of getting some hdr [High Dynamic Range] shots. Should I use the official hdr mode or use aeb and manually combine the photos in photoshop? Which one works better? I mean I am shooting in raw.
2018-4-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The built-in HDR mode isn't great but try it to see for yourself.
You'll be better off shooting AEB and putting the imnages through the blender yourself and have control of the output.
2018-4-18
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I agree fully with Labroides, use AEB and put your HDR image together in post-processing (Photoshop, Lightroom, Photomatix or whatever). You will have much more control over the final images.
Have fun & good flying!
2018-4-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I can't help wondering why ask, if you know how to make them yourself then try out both ways. If you find the automatic created HDR pictures is good enough the save then workload and use that.
Like the other say you would have more control of the final result doing it manually as you can stretch the dynamic range out of the raw files more than the +/- 0.7 ev. i guess is also the AEB limit on the P3's.
As mentioned before that AEB part for sure would be nice to have improved.
2018-4-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shooting in RAW, AEB 5 and stitch in photoshop will give you the better results.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules