Warranty not honored
1519 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7490e698
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377018 ft

DJI doesn't honor their warranties. I purchased a new phantom 4 pro in July 2017 and within a month, I had to send it back for repair. I had to send it back for repair again a month after that. And then again a third time in January to replace the gimbal as the drone they sent me back wasn't repaired. Well, upon receiving it back after this third repair, I started getting a 'gimbal motor overload' error instantly, which means they caused it by a repair job that wasn't done right. I sent it back again a fourth time and they falsely accused me of crashing it (which I never have). They never even bothered to check the flight logs which would prove that I never crashed it. And now they are saying that it is not covered under warranty any longer for a mistake THEY caused. It seems they will do anything to get out of their warranty. They caused the issue and now won't own up to repairing it. Unbelievable. Their customer service has a 0.9 rating out of 10 on over 187 reviews according to trustpilot.com. There are hundreds of other customers that are having this same issue with DJI not following through with their warranty.
2018-4-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Lots of people have had warranty service, including yourself.  What you mean to say is DJI doesn't honor some of their warranties.

Four returns.  That's a lot.  I have three Phantoms and haven't returned any of them.

You know the gimbal is only covered by warranty for six months, right?  

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

You sent them the Phantom for a third repair in January which was for the gimbal.  This happened six months after you purchased the Phantom.  

You're saying that, upon receiving your repaired Phantom for a third time, which apparently was just recently, which means this last "repair" took something close to three months, the gimbal was already broken right out of the box.  Is that right?  

Haven't you been receiving reburbished Phantoms?  Most customers seem to get them when they send their Phantoms in for warranty service.  If that is what happened, how come it took three months?

Could it have been broken in transit?

This is complicated because you're demanding warranty service on a part where the warranty has expired.  You're claiming the warranty wasn't honored when in fact it was repeatedly honored for the entire length of the warranty period.  

2018-4-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How do you know they didn't check the flight logs?  Did you sync your last flight before sending it in ?
2018-4-30
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-30 13:37
How do you know they didn't check the flight logs?  Did you sync your last flight before sending it in ?

I've spoken to two DJI employees now and they stated they never even did data analysis on it.
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-4-30 14:10
I've spoken to two DJI employees now and they stated they never even did data analysis on it.

I can understand that you feel frustrated about the repair process. Did you apply for data analysis when you send back for repair? I would recommend you provide us the case number and I will check the details and help you solve the problem. Sorry again for your unsatisfied experience. Please keep us updated if you have any doubt. We are willing to help you.
2018-4-30
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 19:12
I can understand that you feel frustrated about the repair process. Did you apply for data analysis when you send back for repair? I would recommend you provide us the case number and I will check the details and help you solve the problem. Sorry again for your unsatisfied experience. Please keep us updated if you have any doubt. We are willing to help you.

Sounds like they are willing to help out and resolve the issue. Hope it works out for you.
2018-4-30
Use props
fans7490e698
lvl.2

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 19:12

First I was falsely accused of crashing it when they didn't even check the flight records to show that I have never been in a crash. Secondly, they then said it wasn't covered warranty, even when the issue ONLY started happening when i received it back from the last repair which was to the gimbal. Isn't it ironic that I'm getting a gimbal motor overload error message right after the gimbal was replaced? My mind is boggled why my point isn't being understood on this. Why is the liability being pushed onto me when they made the mistake during the repair process? They made the mistake while repairing the product and then telling the customer that they are responsible for the costs?

The case number is CAS-1676751-C3K0B7.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-5-1 06:25
First I was falsely accused of crashing it when they didn't even check the flight records to show that I have never been in a crash. Secondly, they then said it wasn't covered warranty, even when the issue ONLY started happening when i received it back from the last repair which was to the gimbal. Isn't it ironic that I'm getting a gimbal motor overload error message right after the gimbal was replaced? My mind is boggled why my point isn't being understood on this. Why is the liability being pushed onto me when they made the mistake during the repair process? They made the mistake while repairing the product and then telling the customer that they are responsible for the costs?

The case number is CAS-1676751-C3K0B7.

We have responded in your first thread, please check and keep us updated here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-145953-1-1.html Thank you.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules